Training audience has included executive, middle and first line management, as well as non-supervisory employee populations. Utilize both a knowledge delivery, and a collaborative facilitation approach which draws on the audience knowledge. I call this approach "Mining the Group Gold".
Professional with hands-on and leadership experience in recruitment, employee relations, career development, coupled with a recent and extensive training development and delivery expertise. Hold a BA Degree in Psychology, as well as a Masters in Human Resource Development and Management.
Mediacom Communications- July 2005-April 2018 (retired)
Vice President of Training- June 2017-April 2018
• Provided company-wide leadership to the training function for Mediacom Communications Corporation (5th largest broadband company in the United States).
Senior Director of Training- August 2012-June 2017
• See above
Director Training- April 2009-August 2012
• Corporate leadership responsibility for blended learning management development curriculum, and web-based competency assessment tools and processes. Act in a hands-on “boots on the ground” leadership capacity to assess, manage, and resolve complex organizational business issues and challenges. Design and delivery of management training curricula.
Director Human Resources -July 2005–April 2009
• Provided field HR leadership to a decentralized 20-person HR team supporting a 2000 employee nationwide Division
ATK- June 2004 – July 2005
Senior Manager Recruitment and Retention/EEO Officer
• Organized retention and staffing function for a 4000-person multi-state world-leading manufacturer of solid rocket motors for space launch vehicles, strategic missiles, and missile defense interceptors.
St. Bonaventure University- January 2003 – March 2004
Executive Director of Operations for University Advancement/Chief of Staff
• Contracted to create the infrastructure providing operational, HR, and financial leadership in the organization responsible for a 150-million-dollar comprehensive capital campaign.
Adelphia Communications Corp- November 1999-October 2002
Director of Corporate Recruitment & HR Communications
• Led the Corporate HR Communications and Staffing organization for a broadband technology and communications company with 14,000 plus employees. Interim leadership of Compensation and Benefits functions.
CIGNA Corporation-December 1988 – November 1999
Director Human Resources -1995-1999
• Reporting to a senior HR Officer within the Financial, Marketing and Systems Division, accountable for assessment and selection of high potential staff, employee relations, and assimilation processes.
Assistant Director Human Resources-1992-1995
• Led the Human Resource function for CIGNA Information Services, Inc. a newly formed multi- site national subsidiary engaged in selling back office outsourcing services for the Personal Lines business.
Human Resource Generalist -1988-1992
• Provided full cycle generalist support to a large segment of the Property & Casualty operation.
Vertex Search- March 1987–December 1988
• Engaged as a Search Consultant expanding an existing technology placement and career counseling practice to include executive billings.
Price Waterhouse- September 1985 – March 1987
•Manager within the most formidable management consulting practice in the firm. Accountable for high level professional recruitment in the following disciplines: Audit, Financial Services, Manufacturing, Health Care, MIS, and Law Firm Support. Maintained area responsibility for campus hiring of MBA'S and undergraduates.
Manufacturers Hanover Trust- September 1976 – October 1985
Assistant Vice President Resource Planning
•Human Resource Officer for Operations Division with successful supervision, budget, and training record. Specific functional disciplines included: Global HR Management, Mobility Programs, Career Development, Appraisal Methodologies, Generalist and Management Consulting.
The New School
MA, Human Resource Management, 1987
Rutgers University/Rutgers College
BA, Psychology, 1972/Henry Rutgers Scholar
Reading & Outdoor Activities
Past Board Member-Emma Bowen Foundation, Society for Human Resource Management, ATD, Employment Management Association, Cable and Telecommunications Human Resources Association, Rutgers Alumni Association, Senior Professional of Human Resources (SPHR) Lifetime S.H.R.M.Certification
Honors & Awards:
CERTIFICATIONS: State of Indiana Substitute Teacher, Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR)-Lifetime, Certified Behavioral Event Interviewer (Hay Group), Certified Civil Treatment Facilitator (Employment Learning Innovations, Inc.-Federal and Tort Employment Law Application) Peer Review Facilitator
Henry Rutgers Scholar, International Quality and Productivity Center Presenter
PUBLICATIONS/PAPERS: Validating Your Competency Model, ASTD Hartford Conference; Competency Based IT Leadership Recruitment, International Quality & Productivity Center-New Orleans, Orlando, ECS-induced amnesia and recovery of memory for classically conditioned fear in the rat, Physiological Psychology, 1976, Vol.4 (1), 57-60
career coaching lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest Professional training to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, leadership lessons for all!
Taking job search coach lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$20||$20|