My high school had a very small Hispanic population and a very intense, academically competitive climate. I was a social butterfly with friends in every grade and crowd. With 15 years of conversational Spanish under my belt and a strong proficiency in grammar, vocabulary, and pronunciation- I was a go-to tutor for grades 9-12 in all areas of Foreign Language education. The way I tutor is collaboratively established between the student and myself, taking into consideration factors like preferred learning style and the student's particular subject-related strengths and weaknesses. As I am going to be a School Psychologist I am well aware that students learn at a variety of developmental speeds, in a variety of ways, with higher proficiency in certain areas. To me it is vital to foster a comfortable relationship with my students because my goal is to promote question asking and demonstrate a judgement-free environment. I am very patient and adaptable. If you are looking for a tutor who is proficient, responsible, and highly values the positive progress of her students- pick me!
I have been tutoring people in the Spanish language for 9 years. I can confidently say that I have seen immense progress and goal accomplishment in every student I've tutored who actually WANTED to learn. I have witnessed a few students begin my tutoring sessions with zero intrinsic motivation- tutoring was a means to quiet their parents or just another excuse to claim that "they tried". I approach tutoring with these students using a personally-targeted method which helps unveil the student's motivators, student's personality, and their preferred learning styles. These elements enable me to create a learning experience that ignites intrinsic motivation using rewards and reinforcements.
112 58th Street, West New York, NJ 07093 ⬥ (concealed information) ⬥ (concealed information) OBJECTIVE
To secure a challenging position in the area of child care, patient care, social work, or any Psychology related field that allows me to gain first-hand experience and knowledge.
EDUCATION & CREDENTIALS
New Jersey City University—Jersey City, NJ Masters of Arts in Educational Psychology
University of Delaware-- Alfred Lerner College of Business and Economics Newark, DE Bachelor of Science in Marketing, May 2015
University of Pretoria-- Pretoria, South Africa Study Abroad Program
January 2015 to February 2015
EXPERIENCES &VOLUNTEER WORK
Medical Volunteer, Hato Del Yaque Hospital— Santiago, Dominican Republic (02/2016) Student Volunteer, Luvuyo Orphanage – Pretoria, South Africa (01/2015 to 02/2015)
Early Childhood Co-Teacher, (05/2016 to Present)
Hudson Learning Center: Kids Academy—West New York, NJ
• Required to develop and implement lesson plans under the guidance of the Lead Teacher.
• Must provide loving care and learning experiences for children of 18 to 24 months.
Freelancer, (06/2014 to Present)
Christian Dior Cosmetics and Fragrance—New York, NY
• Organize beauty events in department stores showcasing new products, fragrances, etc. as well as assuring that they run smoothly.
• Responsibilities include but are not limited to, building strong customer relationships as well as communicating peers in an effective and professional manner.
Beauty On Call Sales Associate, (09/2014 to 05/2015) Nordstrom—Newark, DE
• Required to deliver high quality customer service to meet a daily sales goal.
• Position required flexibility and knowledge regarding all products in order to educate customers.
Finance Intern, (06/2013 to 08/2013)
Vision Produce Company—Los Angeles, CA
• Responsible for recording transactions and helping with accounts receivable, payable and bank statement reconciliation.
• Main task was to reorganize the General Ledger which was assigned as a summer- long project.
spanish lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - spanish lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, vocabulary - spanish lessons for all!
Taking oral comprehension - spanish lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|