My teaching approach is an active approach using the Socratic Method and technology to help students gain the knowledge needed to write, research and present the topic accurately and with confidence.
I am retired high school Advancement Placement History teacher and Spanish teacher with five years teaching Spanish and twenty plus years teacher Social Studies and AVID. Due to my expertise my students would gain college credit while in high school.
Michelle Marie Brown
251 Navigator Crossing, Spring Branch, Texas 78070
Objective A position as a middle school or high school teacher.
Profile ● 30 years experience as a teacher, 18 years experience as a teacher of the academically gifted and
16 years experience as an Advanced Placement teacher
● Goal-oriented individual with strong leadership capabilities.
● Organized, highly motivated, and creative
● Proven ability to work in unison with peers, students, and administration.
● Speak and read Spanish
Education M.ED., emphasis in Social Studies Education, McNeese State University 1997
B.A., Secondary Education with an emphasis in Social Studies Education, McNeese State
Relevant Experience & Accomplishments
● Key Club Advisor
● Student Council Advisor
● Assistant International Club Advisor
● Junior State of America Advisor: 2008-2012
● Basketball Sponsor
● Chinese Culture Club Sponsor
● Students United for Respect and Authority (SURE): 2017- present co-sponsor
Employment ● Teacher of Advanced Placement World History, AVID: Smithson Valley High School
Spring Branch, Tx 78070
● Teacher of Advanced Placement World History, Pre-Advanced Placement World History
and World History, Health Careers High School, San Antonio, Texas
● Teacher of Academically Gifted, A.M. Barbe High School, Lake Charles, Louisiana,
subjects include: Gifted Free Enterprise and Gifted Civics, Advanced Placement US
History (1999-2006), Advanced Placement World History and Advanced Placement US
Government and Politics
● Teacher of Academically Gifted and Advanced Placement Sulphur High School, Sulphur,
Louisiana subjects include: Gifted Free Enterprise, Gifted Civics, Advanced Placement
World History and Advanced Placement United States Government and Politics
● College Board Advanced Placement Program and Education Testing Service: Advanced
Placement World History Reader
● Teacher of American History, U.S Government, Spanish I and Spanish II, Iowa High
School, Iowa, Louisiana
● Teacher of American History, United Intermediate School, eighth grade, Laredo, Texas 1988-1989
Available upon request.
ESL lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest vocabulary - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, writing comprehension - english lessons for all!
Taking listening comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$25||$25|
|5 hours||Not available||$100||$125|
|10 hours||Not available||$225||$250|