- Certified Teacher and Instructional Coach available for tutoring
- Riverdale Country School/Brown University educated
- History, Humanities, Writing, Reading expert
- Experience teaching English Language Learners and Students with Special Needs
- Can work with students on organization and study skills
- Reasonable Rates
- References Available
I am very interested in supporting students according to their unique needs and learning styles. Please let me know a bit about yourself and your current goals. Looking forward to your inquiries!
I have been involved in education professionally for the past 6 years in addition to tutoring experiences as an undergraduate at Brown. I have experience teaching 6th grade social studies, reading and writing, and essay development. I have access to a number of instructional strategies and resources for all learners.
I currently work as an instructional coach and trainer with teachers pre-K - 12 in New York City.
Rates subject to change based on student/family needs and travel time - open to a conversation
Georgia State University Atlanta, Georgia 2011 –2013
Masters in Teaching Social Studies Education, Certified in Social Studies education grades 6 - 12
Brown University Providence, Rhode Island 2007 –2011
Bachelor of Arts in Africana Studies and Education Studies (Human Development)
University of the Western Cape Cape Town, South Africa 2009
Study abroad experience– South African historical/cultural immersion program.
Director of Bronx Programs Bronx/New York, New York 2014 – Present
Teach for America New York
• Coach and mentor for 35 teachers in Public and Charter schools in BX, NY.
• Support, observe, and meet with teachers in classrooms K – 12, collaborate with school administrators
• Facilitate sessions and learning opportunities for teachers and staff
• Focus in Social Studies Education, ELL differentiation and support, social justice, identity development and community organizing
Educator, Social Studies Teacher Atlanta, Georgia 2011 – 2014
•Planned and executed lesson plans for 140- 150 students daily in middle school World History course
• Created differentiated curriculum for Special Education and English Language Leaners
• Supported students in reading, writing, and academic essay development
• Successfully prepared students for mastery on standardized tests
Language Arts Teacher Olneyville, Rhode Island 2010
William D’Abate Elementary School Summer Program
• Co-taught Language Arts for 60 students K- 5 daily during 5 week academic enrichment program
• Developed age appropriate lesson plans and activities to support students academically
• Created and taught 6th Grade World Studies Curriculum exploring history, geography, economics, and government in Europe, Canada, Latin America, and Australia (2011 - 2014)
• Masters in Education Directed Readings Study: "Teaching the African Diaspora in Latin America: Middle School Applications" (2012)
• Senior Honors Thesis: “Black Males as the Minor’s Canary: How Schools and Society Put Black Males At-Risk” (2011)
• Research Assistant, Brown University Education Department (2009-2010)
• Africana Studies Study Abroad Experience: Final research project conducted about female education rates in South Africa (2009)
SKILLS AND INTERESTS
• Interest in African-American, Caribbean, and Africana literature, curriculum, art, and history
• Microsoft Suite, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign proficient
• Experienced with digital photography, digital and literary editing, black and white print photography, photo editing and design
• Basic French Skills
history lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest essay writing lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, literacy lessons for all!
Taking college / university preparation lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$65||$65|