My teaching method is centered around the student and their needs. I prefer to coach students into finding answers/gaining understanding rather than just providing them with answers. I like to implement the pedagogy of Bloom's Taxonomy in my students to help them retain information and build their knowledge, in order to succeed in future endeavors with the concepts we work on.
I am a senior Economics student at UNC Chapel Hill, and I have been tutoring students in math and economics for three years. I have previously served as an undergraduate learning assistant in which I would assist dozens of students in a classroom setting multiple days a week. I also serve as a part time peer tutor for the economics department, where I individually help students with concepts from a variety of economics courses including micro, macro, and econometrics.
Lessons cancelled at least 6 hours before the scheduled time will be refunded.
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill August 2017-present
Bachelor of Arts, Economics and Global Studies; Graduating May 2021
GPA: 3.72 Honors: Dean’s List, Economics Honors Thesis candidate
Relevant Coursework: Macro & Microeconomics, Advanced Econometrics, International Economics, Global Issues and Globalization, Latin American Politics, Intro to Programming, Analyzing Public Opinion, Population Problems, Spanish for Business
Data Analysis, Visualization, and Reporting Assistant, UNC Adams School of Dentistry, Chapel Hill, NC August 2020-present
• Process qualitative and quantitative data by means of coding, sorting, and statistical analysis.
• Present data to leadership teams through meaningful and comprehensive data reports.
Part Time Benefits Intern, Pelnik Insurance, Cary, NC July 2019-March 2020
• Compiled client profiles, assist colleagues with pending renewal materials, process company data.
• Organized client information, present logistical projects to colleagues, create employer resources.
Sports Economics Research, Split, Croatia May 2019-June 2019
• Collaborated with 3 other students to present research on competitive balance in women’s lacrosse/field hockey in the NCAA.
• Implemented statistical tools such as HHIR computations to sort data and test our hypothesis.
Research Presenter, NCTE Annual Conference, Baltimore, MD November 2019
• Presented findings on impact of research implementation in the high school setting.
Coach and Treasurer of Chapel Hill Players Improv/Sketch Comedy Team August 2017-present
• Supervise funding for organization, organize grant proposals, solidify budgets and payments to outside sources.
• Utilize improv skills to teach junior varsity members in order to facilitate their growth in the organization
Undergraduate Learning Assistant, UNC Chapel Hill Economics Dept., Chapel Hill, NC August 2018-May 2019
• Facilitated student learning during lecture by assisting students with poll questions
• Researched pedagogical methods to encourage student understanding
Additional Experience and Activities
Donor Relations Intern, ISLA School, Chapel Hill, NC January 2020-May 2020
• Collaborate with Community Relations Director on donor management projects, such as meeting donors, writing letters, and planning donor "Thank You" events.
Server, Kipos Greek Taverna, Chapel Hill, NC January 2019-March 2020
• Accommodated requests of guests and ensure the quality of service throughout the dining experience.
• Served as a member of a service team for all special events such as Easter and graduation weekend.
Writer for Odyssey at UNC Chapel Hill January 2019-August 2019
• Create and publish weekly articles pertaining to topic of my choice. Most popular publications centered around mental health.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Google Drive
• Intermediate in TypeScript
• Advanced knowledge of Spanish
• Proficient in Stata and SPSS
• IRB Research Certified
• Proficient in Data Analytics
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, geometry lessons for all!
Taking statistics lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$12|