I am a patient tutor who likes to offer multiple ways of presenting and explaining a topic.
I am an engineering student and I have been giving lessons since high school. I have been a teaching assistant at TU for 2 years for first year mechanical engineers. I have tutored freshmen, sophomores, and juniors in geometry, algebra, and physic. I have also tutored kindergarten and 1st grade students in reading.
I have a passion for math and science and I love to work with kids! I hope to share my excitement for STEM with grade school and high school kids and help them grow to love it as much as I do.
Mechanical Engineering, University of Tulsa Anticipated Graduation: May 2020
Minor: Computer Science GPA: 3.809 Professional Work Experience
Manufacturing Engineering Intern, Spirit Aerosystems Summer 2019
• Developed a web based tool to provide mechanics with torque specific information
Result: Significant reductions in opportunity for mechanic error and required data maintenance
• Developed a process flow and published a procedure document for designing, prototyping, and implementing 3D printed tools into production
Result: Set company goal for improving configuration control and adherence to process requirements
Teaching Assistant, University of Tulsa 2018-2019
• Assists in teaching over 100 first year mechanical engineering students rapid prototyping techniques using 3D printing and laser cutting
Engineering Quality, Testing, and Reliability Intern, Hussmann Corporation Summer 2018
• Conducted research and vibration testing to analyze solutions for condensing unit fan failures
• Designed and drafted a procedure for a “door slamming” quality test
• Designed and constructed a door gasket accelerated life testing fixture
• Worked in a cross functional intern team to design and present a new product concept to the Hussmann leadership team
Engineering Intern, Emerson Hermetic Motor Division Summer 2017
• Completed a competitive analysis report of a garbage disposal motor
• Utilized SPEED program to simulate motors and predict properties
• Analyzed and summarized data for the engineering team using Minitab
Java, SolidEdge, SolidWorks, 3D printing, Visual Studio, Python, C#, VBA, MATLAB, LabVIEW
President, Make a Difference Engineering
• Designed, prototyped, and constructed a modified stander for children with underdeveloped muscles
• Organizes educational, social, and community outreach events
• Runner up of 2019 “TU’s Finest” award for best all-around university club
Vice President, Chi Omega
• Organizes scholarship and career development workshops and programs
Student Ambassador, University of Tulsa Office of Admissions
• Recruits potential students, gives campus tours, and assists with admission events
Director and Co-Founder, Performing for a Purpose Drama Camp 2010-2016
• Raised over $8,500 for Catholic Relief Services
Mentor, Big Brothers/Big Sisters 2019
Community Service Coordinator, Chi Omega 2017
Volunteer Tutor, Reading Partners 2016-2018
University of Tulsa Presidential Scholar, Mortar Board, Tau Beta Pi Honor Society
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, physics lessons for all!
Taking trigonometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|