My teaching method is through real-life examples and drawing things out. For example, I love to talk about biology concepts through sports, and often make artistic concept maps. I also believe in explaining concepts in multiple interactive ways beyond just memorization of Power Points and reading of the textbook.
I am a current senior at UNC Chapel Hill. I love to teach, motivate and I have been giving lessons to over 20 students ever since I was a high school student to my younger neighbors and peers. My students often have a greater love of learning and higher grades in the A-B ranges after coming to me.
University of North Carolina Chapel Hill
Bachelor of Science, Biology
Minors in English and Medicine, Literature, and Culture
University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine Anticipated May 2025
Overall Undergraduate GPA: 3.76
ACT Score: 34 Composite
HONORS AND AWARDS
Dean’s List (7 semesters)
UNC Chapel Hill Honors Program
Most Helpful in Student Government
Kinlaw, G, Daniels E, Velarde S, Shah S, Samal D, Rhodes S, Baker M, Shabbir S, Vemulapalli N, Baharani V, Brice V, Buted S, Cotsakis B, Dinh J, Do A, Guy C, Halferty A, Harllee A, Harrill E, Lavin H, Masters L, Phan C, Vargas D, Vaughan C, Ward A, Williams L, Cunningham CJ, Hastie E1. Human Gastrulation: Exploring Past and Present Research and Looking to the Future. Am J Undergrad R. In preparation.
TUTORING AND STUDENT ENGAGEMENT
Student Ambassador, Honors Carolina Program September 2018 – Current
Chapel Hill, NC
• Mentoring and providing assistance for students in Honors Carolina Program pertaining to coursework and research opportunities
• Assisting in talking to prospective Honors Carolina students and giving tours around campus on a weekly basis
• Role model in coaching students on adjusting to college life
Peer Tutor, HYPE Hargraves Community Center August 2017 – May 2018
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
• Tutored underprivileged elementary students in English, Math, Science, and Reading
• Planned crafts and outdoor activities for “Beyond the Classroom” enrichment experiences
Dental Assistant, Ben Massell Nonprofit Dental Clinic January 2018 – Current
• Performing dental assistant volunteer duties such as operating water and saliva nozzles during various dental procedures, interacting with patients, and ensuring cleanliness of office during breaks in college
Data Entry Worker, Rent Recovery Solutions June 2018 – August 2018
• Organized, prepped, scanned, and entered documents in computer system for company accountants to analyze and keep records
• Managed data entry database of over 100 clients
• Collaborated and communicated with other data entry workers to effectively meet tight data entry deadlines daily
Counselor, Crisis Textline June 2020 – Current
• Providing emotional and motivational support to children, teenagers, and adults who struggle with mental health issues through texting service
Member, Student Government Multicultural Affairs and Diversity Outreach January 2018 – May 2019
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC
• Collaborated with Accessibility Resource Services on campus to improve resources available to over 1000 students with disabilities
• Bridged gap between disabled students and professors to create better quality of education
SKILLS AND HOBBIES
Technology: Microsoft Office Suite, typing, basic data entry
Languages: Conversational in Hindi and Gujarati, Beginner in Spanish
Personality: Good communicator, team player, problem-solver, detail-oriented
Sports: Avid tennis and basketball player
Shreya is very outgoing and understanding as a teacher. She is very well versed on the topic of biology and will work to make sure that her students are not only comfortable asking questions, but that they eventually get a better understanding of the topic as well!
biology lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest cell biology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, genetics lessons for all!
Taking anatomy lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$20|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$100|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$200|