I am a retired Oil and Gas trained Geologist/Geophysicist. My specialty skill was in Sequence and Seismic Stratigraphic analysis of which I am an industry expert. I would be most effective teaching young Master's degreed Geoscientists basic through advanced Play Analysis, Structural Style Interpretation and Sequence Stratigraphic analysis.
Throughout my working career I have mentored over 25 Geoscientists from between 9 months to 2 years. To my knowledge all the young Geoscientists I have mentored are still employed working as Professional Geologists.
My mentoring approach is to develop a working understanding / interpretation of the structural style
within the Geological basin of interest then develop a Sequence Stratigraphic analysis which fits within that structural style. All the interpretation I have completed were built using this methodology.
Once you understanding this technique you will create personal value which allows for continuous employment.
Industry rates for companies are $110.00 per hour
Summary of Qualifications • Deep Water Expert – Seismic and Sequence Stratigraphy / Structural and Stratigraphic Integration Expert
Completed 2 year ExxonMobil Deep Water Internship Program at Research Affiliate which Included:
Core and Outcrop Description, Seismic, DHI and Modeling
Analysis – Integration of Disciplines yields improved
Predictability of likely Outcome (Porosity, Permeability,
Rates and Net to Gross)
Geological Integration Expert for Kerr McGee
Within Ker McGee’s Technology Department I developed an
Integrated approach to Resource Play Interpretations which
Included Sequence and Seismic Stratigraphic Analysis,
Visualization and Structural Analysis utilizing both
Coherency and Curvature interpretations to determine
The relationship of Depositional Patterns to Regional
Structural influences and Fracture Analysis (Significance:
For many Resource plays 75% or reserves are produced
From 25% of wells – Analysis can generate Significant
• Work Station Proficient – IESX / GeoFrame, VoxelGeo Visualization and Attribute Analysis expert, Zmap and Petrosys mapping, Stratworks, Geosec and Arc Edit proficient
• Drilled 14 Exploration Wells – 6 Economic Discoveries
• Comprehensive understanding of Compressional and
Extensional Structural Styles which include Salt and Shale
Tectonics, Passive Margin, Basement Involved, Inverted, Strike
Slip, and Detached Compression
• Assigned as a Mentor for rotational Geoscientists
Professional experience 2009 - 2016 Repsol USA Sequence Stratigrapher
Regional Stratigrapher Northern South America
• Regional Sequence and Seismic Interpretation of the Deep Water Guyana Basin of Northern South America
• New Ventures Sequence Interpretation and Attibute Analysis of Nicaragua Carbonates, Panama Deep Water Fold Belt and Shallow Carbonates, Barbados Deep Water Tobago Basin for the offshore lease sale, Jamaica Deep Walter Walton Basin, Colombia Deep Water Pacific and Caribbean, Peru Deep Water, Uruguay Deep Water and Bahamas Deep water Carbonates
• 3D and 2D Seismic Interpretation and Prospect generation of the Deep water Georgetown Block of Guyana and Block 30 in Suriname
• Proposed and Drilled the Jaguar prospect on the Georgetown Block in Guyana. Primary target was the Turonian sands within the Toe of Slope and Proximal Fan, the trap was a 4th order Stratigraphic trap within the Toe of Slope Facies; well was a mechanical failure before reaching primary target but found Oil at 15,500 feet.
2007-2009 Repsol USA Geologist/Geophysicist
Regional Stratigrapher Gulf of Mexico – Sub Salt
• Sequence and Seismic Interpretation of the Deep Water Gulf of Mexico Sub Salt play in Green Canyon, Walker Ridge and Mississippi Canyon
• Consultant for detailed Sequence Analysis for Deep Water Gulf of Mexico Fields including Conventional Core Analysis and Facies Interpretation
• Green Canyon Prospect Interpretation for Gulf of Mexico Lease Sales
2001 – 2006 Kerr McGee Oil and Gas
Sequence Stratigrapher Kerr McGee Technology
• Sequence and Seismic Stratigraphic Interpretation Worldwide
Detailed Seismic Stratigraphic Interpretation in the
Following Areas: South China Sea, North Slope of Alaska,
West Africa – Gabon, Guinea Bissal, Equatorial Guinea,
Angola, Nigeria and Togo, Brazil – Campos and Santos,
Rocky Mountains – Wind River, Green River and Uinta
Basins, Deep Water Gulf of Mexico and Trinidad Deep
• Field Geologist for Rocky Mountain Plays including the Unita, Green River Wind River and Hoback Basins
• Technology Leadership and Planning for Company wide Technology Conferences, Visualization Seminars and PosterFest Seminars
• Training Responsibilities included Teaching and Coordinating all Deep Water Field Schools and in house Geological Interpretation schools
Chief Geophysicist West Africa
• 3D Seismic Interpretation and Prospect Generation of Benin Deep Water Block 4, New Ventures Seismic Interpretation of Deep Water Blocks in West Africa - Responsibilities included a Detailed Regional analysis of all of the Play Elements and a Detailed Analysis of all identified Prospects including Prospect Visualization, Farming out Benin Block 4 (with a carry) Partners are Petronas and Kosmos, Drilling 2 exploration wells, Planning and Leading TCM for Benin Block
• Drilled two Wells on Block, both were Pg Discoveries: Kerr McGee Hihon #1 estimated reserves – 40MBO. The second well, the Kerr McGee Fifa #1 has recoverable resources in excess of 125MBO
1999 – 2001 ExxonMobil Exploration Houston, Tx.
Exploration Geophysicist Angola, West Africa
• 3D Seismic Facies Interpretation and Prospect Generation of Deep
Water Blocks 24 and 25 in Southern Angola
• Four Drillable Prospects identified / Drilling commenced
4th Quarter 2000, First well – Leao#1 (Dry)
1997 – 1999 Exxon Exploration Houston, Tx.
Exploration Geophysicist Trinidad, South America
• 3D/2D Seismic Facies Interpretation and Prospect Generation of
Deep Water Blocks 25A,25B,26 and 27 Offshore Trinidad
• 26 Leads Identified yielding six Drillable Prospects / Drilling
Commenced 4th Quarter 2000
1992 – 1997 Exxon Exploration Houston, Tx.
Exploration Geophysicist Regional South America
• Play Assessment and Block Analysis – Maracaibo and East
Venezuela Basins – VERO and Round 3
• Regional and Play Assessment and Prospect Evaluation –
Llanos Foothills, Sub Andean, Altiplano, and Neuquen Basins
1980 – 1992 Exxon Company USA Houston, Tx.
Exploration Geophysicist South Texas/Arkoma
• Lead Professional – Arkoma Basin – Drilled 3 Discoveries –
Gaines, Buffalo and Buffalo II Fields (Spiro)
• Prospect Generator – South Texas – Drilled 2 Discoveries –East Seven Sisters Deep and Strake Deep Field
Professional memberships University of Nevada, Reno – Post Graduate 1980
Indiana University of Pennsylvania – BS Geology 1978
ExxonMobil Professional Training – 50 Plus Schools including Advanced Research Internship (15 Schools from 1999 to 2001) to become a Deep Water Sequence Stratigraphic Expert
Kerr McGee Technology Training / Instructor
Certified Petroleum Geologist of the AAPG #5618
Certified Geologist – State of Pennsylvania
Member of the HGS
algebra lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest trigonometry lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, other sciences lessons for all!
Taking technology lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$100||Not available|