I believe in a solid foundation, so we begin at the beginning and work our way up, stopping to fill in blanks as needed. In reading, I mix visual, auditory and kinetic learning as needed. I have also put glasses on a fair number of students!
I have been teaching and tutoring since 1983. I have had hundreds of students over the years. My main focus has been teaching piano and music theory, but I tutored in various subjects for all that time too. I graduated Chaffey Community College with 4 AA and 2 AS degrees with honors and from Cal State San Bernardino University with honors and almost a minor in music. I am a life long learner and a full time reader of just about any subject and am currently re-reviewing algebra.
- Running all aspects of my own music studio since 1983, very successfully, including training and managing independent contractors
- Maintained an BBB rating of A+ for 16 years
- Typically, 3/4ths of my new business is by referral
- Graduated with honors BA in Business Management from Cal State University, San Bernardino, CA, plus almost a minor in Music - 1990
- Graduated with honors 4 AA & 2 AS degrees from Chaffey College in Rancho Cucamonga, CA with honors - 1988
- Licensed in Fire and Casualty Insurance with Allstate Insurance, with over 14 years practical experience
- Professional Pianist
- Active participation in choirs & choruses since 1971
- Teacher for the UC Irvine studies on Music & Brain Development – have since had and have enjoyed having many students of varying disabilities.
- Trained in Kindermusik, all levels with University level credit, as well as the Business Supplement and all extension courses – 1999-2000
- Fully licensed by Kindermusik International to teach all units and levels from 09/1999 until 02/2014
- Earned the annual Master Kindermusik Teacher Award repeatedly
- Nationally Certified Teacher of Music, Piano (NCTM) by the National Music Teachers Association (MTNA)
- Certified levels I & II (out of 3) in the American Orff-Scheulwerk Association (AOSA)
- Innumerable Master Classes and Lectures in Piano Performance and Pedagogy, Business Management, Early Childhood Education, Working with Students with Disabilities and Music & Brain Development since 1988
- Continuous Self Study on the above topics, in the last 15 years with an emphasis on working with & understanding Developmental Disabilities.
- Active Membership in the National, State & Local Music Teacher Associations for more than 35 years
- Attendance since 1990 at Local, State and National level Music Conferences
- District IV Coordinator for the state of California Association of Professional Music Teachers (CAPMT) – 6 years
- Co-Founder, Vice President and then President of the Empire Music Teachers Association (EMTA) in District IV of CAPMT
- Past certification by the American Red Cross in CPR and First Aid, adult & pediatric – 4 separate times
- Over 40 years of volunteer work with young children at Nursery Schools & Sunday Schools – class sizes to 34 children
- Volunteer Musical Story Times & Musical demonstrations for local groups, bookstores and schools since 1996
- Volunteer at local libraries, museums, animal shelters, homeless food distribution centers, and homed & rehabilitated stray animals – since 1981
- Full Time Caregiver for my parents, 2000-2015, from semi-capable to bed ridden to death by Alzheimer's. Maintained home & yard and prepared all meals as well.
academic english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, literature lessons for all!
Taking essay writing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||$30||$45||Not available|
|10 hours||$28||$178||Not available|