Everyone learns differently, so I find it extremely important to not have a 'generic' form of teaching. I focus on understanding the student's strengths and weaknesses in order to properly teach material that they are able to easily absorb. My goal is to have students understand that everyone learns differently and can always improve on both their strengths and weaknesses.
Former Literacy Tutor and SEL Mentor for Title 1 elementary school in California, specifically for 40+ students, played several highly competitive sports, coached soccer and ice hockey youth programs, graduate of Tilton school (college preparatory private school) and the University of Vermont (B.A. Political Science).
Literacy Tutoring, Coaching, or Mentoring - $25/hour, $20 for 45 minutes, $15 for 30 minutes.
- Tilton School 2015 - Tilton, New Hampshire
- University of Vermont 2019 - Burlington, Vermont
- Camp Boggy Creek - Eustis, FL - 2014 - Summer camp counselor for a non-profit charity foundation for children with cancer.
- Meadow View Elementary - Santa Rosa, CA Americorps - August 2019 - June 2020 - 1500+ service hours during school and after school hours supporting a Title 1 school, Conducted daily literacy and math tutoring and one on one mentoring sessions, Assisted teachers in the classroom, led active recess, taught after school clubs, coached soccer.
- Skills: Public speaking, strong communication, powerful work ethic, passion, efficiency, and the ability to convey written and verbal thought.
- Proficient in Powerpoint, Excel, Word, and Apple/PC products and software.
- +5 leadership award - Tilton School 2013
- George Eastman Young Leader's Award - University of Rochester 2014
- CPR, AED, First Aid certified in 2019
- Project Planning and Management - Darden School of Business at UVA
I met Michael at the beginning of last school year when he traveled across the country to serve the community with Americorps National Service. As an experienced teacher and mentor myself, I believe Michael to be a strong leader and tremendously positive influence for youth. He has fantastic patience, kindness, and work ethic. He has a unique adaptability to diverse kinds of people and situations. He would be a great fit for Superprof.
Michael is one of the most responsible, creative and dedicated mentors that I have had over the past Fourteen years. Michael treats everyone with respect, confronts another team member in a professional way if needed, and supports everyone no matter what his or her abilities are. Michael has an extreme passion for teaching and helping our students succeed in the educational system and throughout their lives. It takes a certain person who can commit a year of service with AmeriCorps. I feel extremely fortunate to have had Michael in our program. I highly recommend Michael Notice, without any reservation’s whatsoever. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. I will be more than delighted to speak to you about Michael.
stress management lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest personal coaching lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, life coaching lessons for all!
Taking public speaking lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$30||$25|