I have a calm and centered teaching approach. I am adaptable and form unique one-on-one private yoga sessions for my clients, focusing on their needs as well as past/present injuries and trauma.
I hope to provide a welcoming space for all to experience the benefits of yoga.
I completed my first 200 hour yoga training in 2013 in St. Louis, Missouri.
At 19 I went to live in a Sivananda Ashram in the Bahamas, living with and studying from my teachers from 5 a.m. to 10 p.m. everyday. I became well versed in karma yoga, Bhakti yoga, Sanskrit and chanting, and scripture.
By age 20 I began studying with world renowned instructor Tiffany Cruikshank in Yoga Medicine. I have traveled to Massachusetts, Spain, Arizona, Colorado, and Kansas City to learn from her. I have taken training modules on: yoga for pro athletes, Chinese medicine, function and possible dysfunction of the hip joint, and general anatomy workshops.
I have been hired by many studios as the main yin yoga teacher. I enjoy fusing my wide array of knowledge in yoga asana, anatomy, meditation, and Chinese medicine together when instructing.
I also have a dual degree in economics and management.
Cancelation policy: 24 hours before scheduled session for full refund
Webster University – Webster Groves, Missouri
BA Economics, BA Management
-Robust understanding of banking, international trade and finance, and economic crises and development
-Senior research focused on the Thailand financial crisis of 1997
-Particular interests in wealth inequality, sufficient economic development, and economic crises
-Competence in financial and managerial accounting, business law, marketing, human resources, and business negation
* Problem Solving * Self Starter
* Creative Thinking * Organized
* Data Analysis * Leader
* Determined * Oral and Written Communication
* Adaptable * Cultural and Environmental Awareness
For seven years, brought adaptable yoga classes to St. Louis area as well as Nicaragua. Taught yoga classes in yoga studios, corporate work settings, and homes. Currently employed by Washington University in St. Louis to teach evening classes. Majority of the last seven years, I have taken on private clients with a high level of client satisfaction. Importance on changing at a sliding scale, helping those marginalized economically.
Washington University – St. Louis, MO (January 2019 –Present)
Private Yoga Instructor – St. Louis MO (March 2014 – Present)
• Built a strong professional reputation and held consistent cliental
• Acted as manager
• Gave back to my community offering sliding scale payments
o Those marginalized economically were able to be included
Barre Harmony – St. Peters, MO (December 2017 – May 2018)
• Was hired as the lead yin yoga instructor
• Brought in large number of clients
Yoga Source – St. Louis, MO (May 2014 – May 2016)
• Created my own schedule and marketing to attract clientele, consistently bringing in a high level of commission
Swan River Yoga – St. Louis, MO (October 2014 – December 2014)
• Hired as main yin yoga instructor (studio closed early 2015)
• Handle payment for classes
• Close studio
Love Yoga – St. Louis, MO (March 2014 – November 2014)
• Hired as main yin yoga instructor (studio closed November 2014)
International Service Experience
Sivananda Ashram - Yoga Vedanta Center – Paradise Island, Bahamas (Summer 2017)
• Gave back to the spiritual community where I completed my second yoga training at in 2013
International Work Experience
Guest Yoga Teacher
Chancletas Beach Resort – Nicaragua (Summer 2017)
• Coordinated yoga schedule to attract the most guests possible
• Worked with guests of the resort on a daily basis to bring them to high level of physical and mental health
Professional Yoga Training
500 Hour YTT-Yoga Alliance Training - 2014-Present
Yoga Medicine (Tiffany Cruikshank)
• 2014 - Yoga for Athletes Training - Stockbridge, Massachusetts
o Focus on athletes at all levels, including those at the professional levels
o Trained on training cycles of different sports
o Anatomical needs of players in a different positions across multiple sports
• 2014 - Anatomy Workshop - Estes Park, Colorado
• 2014 - Anatomy Workshop - Kansas City, Missouri
• 2015 - Chinese Medicine and Myofascial Tissue training in Spain
o How to weave Chinese Medicine into yoga practices
o Meridian lines, fascia system of the body, and how to affect both through yoga and myofascial release
• 2016 - Function of the Hip Joint Training - Sedona, Arizona
o Anatomical training on the hip joint
The function and possible dysfunctions of the hip joint
200 Hour YTT-Yoga Alliance Training - 2013
Sivananda Ashram-Yoga Vedanta Center – Paradise Island, Bahamas
• Lived and studied at an ashram in the Bahamas
• Main training was from the monks who lived there
• Training began at 5 a.m. daily in temple and ended at 10 p.m. daily in temple
200 Hour YTT-Yoga Alliance Training - 2013
Yoga Source - St. Louis, MO
yoga lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest hatha lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, flow yoga lessons for all!
Taking vinyasa yoga lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$75||$50|
|5 hours||Not available||$300||$250|