I am very attentive to students needs. I pay attention to their learning style and look for motivational methods while necessary. I also acknowledge all of my students hard in order to push their forward and encourage their hard work. Helping others brings me joy and I am happy to use my knowledge in order to improve students grades and learning skills.
I am a graduate student enrolled in a Social Work program. I have been helping students for the most of my professional career serving as a mentor and learning facilitator. My background in Psychology helps me create a great bond with my students. I have over 3 years of experience in teaching ESL students with a high success passing rate of the College readiness tests.
Please cancel at least one day in advance for in person lessons. Online can be cancelled the same time up to one hour before the beginning of the session.
Perry Ellis Sutton SEEK Program, John Jay College (CUNY)
Supplemental Instructor/Learning Facilitator (08/15-present)
• Tutoring students in undergraduate level English and Psychology courses.
• Scheduling appointments and tracking students’ attendance.
• Providing academic support and academic planning to students.
• Facilitating workshops and substituting for Professors.
NCLC PAS Mentors, Rutgers-Newark (01/17-06/17)
• Mentored high school students.
• Tracked and reporting student attendance and progress.
• Collaborated with other staff members on how to improve students experience and create new opportunities for Newark’s youth.
Newark Department of Health and Community Wellness
Social Work Intern (08/2016-04/2017)
• Provided support to children through violence prevention program.
• Case managed a caseload of 5 students.
• Conducted intakes and assisting patients.
Office of Academic Success Programs at John Jay College (CUNY)
Peer Coach (06/13-06/15)
• Conducted student outreach during the orientation and open house.
• Managed a caseload of 200 students per semester.
• Met individually with students and provided academic and emotional support.
• Assisted incoming freshmen students in navigating campus resources.
National Eating Disorder Association NEDA
Helpline Volunteer (10/15-10/16)
• Managed databases.
• Provided positive and respectful responses regarding eating disorders via phone calls, emails, forums and social media.
Counseling department at John Jay College (CUNY)
Peer Counselor (09/14-06/15)
• Reached out to students and offered one on one counseling.
• Created workshops and promoted events on campus.
John Jay College of Criminal Justice (New York, NY) B.A in Forensic Psychology GPA: 3.8
Rutgers University (Newark, NJ) MSW, expected graduation 05/2019
• Dean’s Scholarship
• Team BRAVO Awards
academic english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, creative writing lessons for all!
Taking essay writing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$30||$20|
|5 hours||Not available||$125||$100|
|10 hours||Not available||$225||$200|