I received a BA in Languages at the University of the Americas in Mexico. I also took extensive courses in Court interpreting at San Francisco State. I received a Certificate for Translation and interpretation at the Instituto de Interpretes y Traductores in Mexico City. My bi-lingual upbringing and various jobs working with students, diplomats and the Hispanic community have afforded me complete bilingualism .
I have been teaching Spanish for over 40 years to adults, Elementary School and High School students. I have work for Berlitz, LADO as well as the Travis County Public School District both teaching Spanish and assessing migrant student language skills in order to mainstream them into the regular curricula .
As the Event Coordinator for the Embassy of Mexico in Washington D.C., I was assigned to write introductory speeches for the Minister of Cultural Affairs as well as translate all written material for the Mexican Cultural institute.
CYRETTA N. CHAPUT
Cell: (concealed information)/ E-mail: (concealed information)
CORE COMPETENCIES: Bilingual.(English/Spanish) Property Manager/OperationsCoordinator/Resident Liaison; Extensive experience as Translator of international adoptions dossiers, promotional, literary, instructional, legal material; Medical/conference Interpreter serving emergency/trauma/hospice care. Skilled in developing and implementing partnership/collaboration strategies as Community Outreach Coordinator. Project Manager and Event Coordinator for fundraising galas, diplomatic receptions, seminars, conferences, cultural events; Bilingual Teacher, Teachers’ Aide and Language Assessment Administrator serving all professional and grade level proficiencies. Volunteers and Interns Recruiter for Embassy of Mexico; Excellent people skills; highly motivated working in a fast-paced environment; enjoy the challenges of problem-solving and multi-tasking.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE: (including but not limited to:)
Translator. Across The World Adoptions, Pleasant Hills, California (2013-2015)
• Translator for all legal documentation pertaining to international adoptions; Organized and compiles dossiers for adoptions.
Medical Interpreter/Translator. Desert Regional Medical Center, Palm Springs, California (2012-2013)
• Simultaneous interpreter serving Emergency and Trauma healthcare providers during intake and in-patient treatment.
• Medication and homecare instruction translator/interpreter.
• Simultaneous interpreter for Hospice Care program.
• Patient Relations Advocate aide providing translating/interpreting for patients and families.
Operations/Maintenance Coordinator; Resident Liaison. First Apartments, San Francisco, California. (2005-2010)
• Translator for legal documents, contracts, leasing agreements and correspondence.
• Interpreter during District Manager-resident meetings
• Relocation incentive program officer targeting Hispanic community residents.
• Maintenance Coordinator for 10,000 residential units..
Interpreter/Translator; U.S.-Mexico Relations Consultant. Shorebank Advisory Services, Mexico.( 2003)
• Translator/Interpreter while designing and implementing press campaign; composed press releases; organized press conferences and media coverage with local and national press.
• Simultaneous interpreter for visiting Fund officers and local dignitaries.
• Speechwriter for welcoming remarks
• Even coordinator for Fund’s Inaugural Gala. (site, guest list, menu, entertainment, award ceremony logistics, etc.)
Interpreter/Translator; Executive Assistant. Decision Strategies International, Mexico City.( 2001-2002)
• Translator for all reports and correspondence.
• Planned and executed logistics for itineraries, meetings, seminars and social events for visiting executives traveling to Mexico.
• Office Manager and Executive Assistant to Director General.
Event Coordinator/Project Manager. Mexican Cultural Institute, Washington D.C. 1991-2001
• Implemented all logistics for exhibition openings, gala events and international seminars.
• Translated all promotional material, art critiques, literary essays and correspondence.
• Wrote speeches for Director General and Deputy Director.
• Developed and implemented Community Outreach Program.
• Supervised volunteers and all committee activities.
Assistant to Press and Public Affairs Minister .Embassy of Mexico, Washington D.C. 1989-1991
• Public Relations Officer in charge of greeting all foreign and U.S diplomats.
• Screened and directed all press and media inquiries to proper sources.
• Screened and selected media and press coverage, articles, bulletins and international press releases in order to provide Division Ministers with daily press kits related to U.S.-Mexico relations.
• Translated press releases.
UNIVERSIDAD DE LAS AMERICAS, Bachelor of Arts in Spanish Literature, Mexico City (1966-1968)
DOMINICAN COLLEGE, Undergraduate study requirements (1965-1966)
INSTITUTO DE INTERPRETES Y TRADUCTORES, Intensive course in consecutive/simultaneous interpreting and translation. Mexico City (1973)
UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA SAN FRANCISCO, Court Interpreting (Legal system review; sight interpreting)
Recommendations furnished upon request.
spanish lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||$20||$20||Not available|