I offer lessons for learning written and oral Spanish skills for beginner/intermediate Spanish learners. Class duration and frequency can vary based on the needs of the student. I use an approach of introducing new vocabulary, then using the vocabulary to build new sentence/grammar structures. I will cater to any specific areas that the student wants to cover.
I am a college graduate and former Spanish major looking to share my Spanish skills with others! I lived with a host family in Spain for 4 months where I became fully immersed in the culture and vocabulary. In college, I spent most years tutoring Spanish-speaking adults in English. I also served as a Community Interpreter for Spanish-speaking clients at my university's law school clinic, bridging language barriers. I am certified in oral and written Spanish by the American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages, which is the certification needed for teaching Spanish in most states. Let me help you or your loved ones learn Spanish!
Isabella – Tutor for all your Spanish needs!
Villanova University- BA - May 2020 - Majors: Sociology and Spanish (GPA: 3.60/4.0)
Marist College- MBA - 2022 - Concentration: Financial Management (GPA: 4.0/4.0)
University of Cádiz- Cádiz, Spain – Fall 2018 (3.88 GPA)
Graduate Scholars Award, Marist College
Sigma Delta Pi, Spanish Honor Society
Certificate of Special Recognition from US Congress, Girl Scout Gold Award
Dean’s List Member of 4 years, Villanova University
McGarry Award for community service and academic excellence, Villanova Department of Sociology
ACTFL Spanish Proficiency Certification, Oral & Written Spanish
World Language Excellence Award, Spanish Language
Essential Data Corporation – Director of Human Resources – Shelton, CT
Winter 2021 - Present
• Lead, manage and support a team of recruiters in accordance with company values and HR objectives.
• Oversee onboarding and training of new employees while developing strategies for attracting and retaining top quality talent.
• Ensure all policies and procedures comply with all federal, state, and local statutes/regulations.
• Partner with business leaders and senior management to achieve organization and business alignment.
Fall 2020 - Winter 2021
• Manage full-cycle recruitment in alignment with company business strategy in order to surpass hiring metrics.
• Leverage strategic sourcing techniques across multiple channels including direct sourcing, industry networking, employee referrals, and job boards.
• Collaborate with senior management to develop and maintain talent acquisition strategies and best practice techniques.
Villanova University Law School – Community Interpreter Intern – Villanova, PA
• Served as an interpreter in the Villanova University Law School, facilitating important information during legal interviews between Law School representatives and Spanish-speaking clients seeking representation.
• Managed all incoming calls from Spanish-speaking customers and addressed the unique needs of each client.
• Transcribed legal documents into Spanish in order for clients to comply with the Clinic’s legal terms.
Villanova Office for Undergraduate Students – Office Assistant – Villanova, PA
Fall 2019 - Spring 2020
• Coordinated all office activity including entry and manipulation of critical student data, managing phone calls and interacting with all visitors. Delegated all inquiries to the appropriate departments within the office.
• Responsible for scheduling appointments, internet research, phone coverage, scanning, reception, mailings, filing, and any day-to-day tasks within the office.
Global Lyme Alliance – Educational Programming Intern – Stamford, CT
• Developed a Peer Mentor Program platform through which the chronically ill can connect and inspire one another.
• Responsible for the interview, onboarding, and training process for 40+ certified Mentors, as well as the unique matching of peers with Mentors by analyzing sociological data and demographic information via Excel databases.
• Implemented a series of participant surveys to measure the overall effects of peer support and sources of improvement.
LEADERSHIP AND SERVICE
Community Outreach of Villanova – Tutor – Upper Darby, PA
Spring 2019 - Spring 2020
• Worked one-on-one with Spanish-speaking adults learning English as a second language on a weekly basis.
• Developed students’ vocabulary while implementing new grammatical structures in their English repertoire.
Rays of Sunshine – Tutor – Philadelphia, PA
Spring 2017 - 2020
• Tutored elementary school children in reading, writing and math on Wednesday evenings in inner-city Philadelphia.
Girl Scouts of the USA – Gold Award Recipient
• Educated the community on the achievement gap and its effect on children with limited learning resources.
• Established a club in which students tutored young children in reading and math on a bi-weekly basis.
• Proclamation from the town of Fairfield, CT declaring February 3rd Isabella Carrano Day.
Fluent in Spanish.
Skilled in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides.
Bloomberg Market Concepts Certification.
Strong and effective communication, presentation, and leadership skills.
WebEx, Zoom, Microsoft Teams, and Skype accessible.
Advanced in quantitative and qualitative research.
spanish lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest vocabulary - spanish lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - spanish lessons for all!
Taking writing comprehension - spanish lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$22|