- Hourly rate $20
- Response Time 10h
- Number of students 4
1st lesson free!
Spanish teacher as a foreign language with 20 years experience - online classes for all ages.
Cecilia is one of our best tutors Spanish. They have a high-quality profile, verified qualifications, a quick response time, and great reviews from students!
About the lesson
I like to teach in a respectful and relaxed atmosphere, identifying the strengths of the student and building new knowledge from that starting point. I believe the key is to introduce new concepts gradually and systematically, concentrating on the communication aspect of the language.
- Vocabulary - Spanish
- Oral expression - Spanish
Oral comprehension - Spanish
- ILR Level 0
- ILR Level 1
- ILR Level 2
ILR Level 3
ILR Level 4
ILR Level 5
Advanced Technical Certificate
College / University
Passionate English and Spanish as a second language teacher and coordinator with 20+ years of experience.
High success in student's results in Cambridge Examinations of English as a Foreign Language FCE - PET.
Knowledgeable of Spanish, modern teaching methods, and assessment systems.
Eager to provide a safe and creative environment for learning at different ages and contexts.
Perfect! Cecilia is exactly what I hoped my experience with a Spanish tutor would be like. I have studied Spanish for years and have never had a tutor with whom I feel more compatible. In the first class, she asked me what I wanted to learn. I told her I wanted to practice listening, speaking, reading, and writing. With her, I am able to practice these skills every class. When I make a mistake, she corrects me in a respectful way. I have had many classes with her and I'm looking forward to many more.
- Cecilia's response : Great! Mike is extremely motivated and serious in his objective to improve his knowledge and use of Spanish.
View more reviews
Good afternoon! I have known Cecilia for at least 20 years, we used to work together at the same school. What I always admired in Cecilia is her enthusiasm, creativity and organization. Every class has a well defined objective which is adapted to the needs of each student. She is definetely very encouraging, very pleasant and friendly towards students. I would definetly recommend Cecilia to join the Superprof members. She would be a great asset!
Cecilia is a fantastic teacher whose methodical teaching style and use of learning aids makes learning English not only fun, but easy! I can highly recommend her services.
I've known Cecilia for more than 20 years and also worked for her. She worked at schools, universities and been abroad many times. She is not only a hard working teacher but also funny, energetic and kind one. Learning with her is the outmost overwhelming experience you can have. She is the best!
Cecilia is a great teacher! Kind, organised and very clear in her explanations! I learnt a lot with her.
View more recommendations
- 5h: $95
- 10h: $190
Find out more about Cecilia
1) Do you speak this language fluently because of your origins or because a teacher inspired you to learn?
I am a native speaker, I was born in Córdoba - Argentina - but I studied Spanish at University as well as I graduated in a 5 year course in Communications.
2) Can you name a living, historical or fictional character that you think is the emblematic representative of the language's culture?
It is extremely difficult to choose one representative character of my language. But one that has stood out in argentinian literature and is recognised around the world, is "Mafalda" (or Matilda in English) by Quino. This author skillfully used Spanish in his comic strips reflecting the lives of Argentinians through the life of Mafalda and her family and friends.
Not only Mafalda can be read by people of all ages, and each will profit from an aspect of the message conveyed in each strip, but also deals with concerns that affect every human being. Apart from that, the author had an amazing wit and was a skillful artist able to abstract emotions, ideas or unexpected twists in his simple strokes.
You can read it at:
3) Is there a typical word, phrase, tradition or behaviour in the language that you particularly like? 6) Provide a valuable anecdote related to your language learning or your days at school. When I was a teen, the foreign language teacher at my highschool corrected the students in such a nasty way that we all felt insecure and didn't dare to speak. I realise now that the best way to teach a language is to set a relaxed atmosphere where learners feel at ease and use the target language as best they can. 7) How has travel or a specific trip helped you to increase your skill and knowledge of the language? I can answer this question but with reference to learning English. A long time ago, I was an exchange student, and that trip showed me that using the language as much as possible, concentrating in communicating, is the best way to learn it. 8) What makes you a Superprof in language? That´s for my students to tell! 😉
Definitely the expression "che"! It is an extremely useful word, which can be used for multiple purposes: call attention, tell off, stop somebody, show surprise and probably many more. It is like a joker in a pack of cards.
4) Why does speaking this language matter to you?
Because it is my native language, it is beautiful and very useful to communicate with people from many countries.
5) What is the main difficulty in learning this language and what can help the process of learning?
Well, Spanish is a complex language, and depending on each person, the difficulty may lay in one or other topic. But the Subjunctive Mode, which does not exist in all languages, might be difficult to grasp. How can a person overcome this difficulty? Memorising a few rules, applying them as much as possible, and not getting frustrated when making mistakes - because that´s the road to getting better at it. Besides, errors are only important if they impede communication. So, relax and enjoy the process!
6) Provide a valuable anecdote related to your language learning or your days at school.
When I was a teen, the foreign language teacher at my highschool corrected the students in such a nasty way that we all felt insecure and didn't dare to speak. I realise now that the best way to teach a language is to set a relaxed atmosphere where learners feel at ease and use the target language as best they can.
7) How has travel or a specific trip helped you to increase your skill and knowledge of the language?
I can answer this question but with reference to learning English. A long time ago, I was an exchange student, and that trip showed me that using the language as much as possible, concentrating in communicating, is the best way to learn it.
8) What makes you a Superprof in language?
That´s for my students to tell! 😉