I have had many experiences working in classroom settings through volunteer work and pre-service teaching; these experiences have helped me to develop skills in working with a wide range of students with various learning needs and students from different backgrounds. These experiences have allowed me to develop my own unit plans based on differentiated student needs and progressive second language acquisition theories. I have also developed strong classroom management skills and have attended numerous professional development workshops that had aimed to work on a variety of skills such as classroom safety to the implementation of innovative classroom technology.
I am a recent graduate from the University at Albany, SUNY Master of Science in Secondary Education program, with a content area of World Languages. I found my passion for studying new languages and cultures after becoming a Rotary International Youth Exchange student in 2013-2014 when studying in Carpentras, France. Ever since, I have always had a strong passion for how languages are interconnected and shape our world today.
University at Albany, State University of New York
M.S. in Secondary Education, Spanish December 2019
- GPA: 3.92
B.A. Spanish, Literature Concentration, B.A. French, Linguistics Concentration May 2017
- Cum Laude GPA: 3.44
- Minor in Education
- Study Abroad at University of Deusto, Spain
Pre-Service Teacher - Guilderland High School, Guilderland, NY Fall 2019
- Lead facilitator in Spanish 1, 2, and 2A classes in suburban high school
- Implemented innovative and progressive curriculum to increase target language use based on research and theories in the study of second language acquisition
- Participated in technological training and teacher workshops
- Regularly met and communicated with other school officials to discuss individual/ general student issues and problem solve to promote student and school community growth
Pre-Service Teacher – William S. Hackett Middle School, Albany, NY Spring 2019
- Lead facilitator in Spanish 1 classroom with at-risk youth in urban middle school
- Daily classroom management
- Created and implemented lesson plans based on a wide variety of individual learning levels and student needs
- Regularly met and collaborated with other faculty members to discuss individual/ general student issues and problem solve to promote student and school community growth
Delaware Community Elementary School, Albany, NY September 2017 – January 2018
- Volunteer work in an urban third-grade classroom with at-risk youth
- One on one time with ENL and gifted students to develop and increase L1 and L2 literacy skills
Guilderland High School, Guilderland, NY January 2018 – May 2018
- Volunteered 20+ hours a week in Spanish 2A and French 2A classrooms
- Helped with classroom preparation, shadowed, and aided educators in classrooms throughout lessons
- Acted as lead role during daily segments as well as acted as student support throughout lessons
Rotary International Club September 2011 - Current
- Rotary Youth Exchange advocate and former year-long Rotary Youth Exchange student in 2013-2014 in Carpentras, France
- Teach youth about Rotary International exchange program that promotes cultural understanding and world peace
- Volunteering with Rotary International members in community service events and attending organized meetings
Athos Restaurant, Guilderland, NY October 2014 – January 2020
- Working collaboratively with a team as a bartender, waitress, expeditor, food runner, and busser.
- Developed communication and leadership skills, as well as cultivated close and professional relationships with co-workers and guests.
- Ability to translate for French and Spanish speaking Guests
Bluewater, Wrightsville Beach, NC March 2020 – November 2020
- Experience working in a fast-paced casual restaurant as a server
- Experience opening and setting up front of house and back of house for service, as well as expo line preparations.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, high-stress environment while maintaining composure and helping other waitstaff in their tasks.
SKILLS AND TECHNOLOGY PROFICIENCY
- Microsoft Office - Basic website design skills
- Google Docs, Google Slides - PowerPoint/ Electronic presentation skills
- E-Mail management - Videoconferencing skills; Online voice recording
- Proficient with IPA - Familiar with ARPABET and ToBI
- Understanding of Phonology, Morphology, Syntax, Semantics, and Pragmatics of the English Language
- Understanding of Phonology, Morphology, Syntax, Semantics, and Pragmatics of the French Language
- Understanding of Phonology, Morphology, Syntax, Semantics, and Pragmatics of the Spanish Language
spanish lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - spanish lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, vocabulary - spanish lessons for all!
Taking oral comprehension - spanish lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$22||$22|
|5 hours||Not available||$100||$110|
|10 hours||Not available||$180||$220|