I am very patient and work on your level. I have years of academic and practical usage/experience with the language. I use that experience to put myself in your shoes and give tips and cultural things that may help you better understand your new language. Also my knowledge of Psychology helps us hack learning in a time efficient way. No question is ever a dumb question and we will spend as much time on a topic as needed.
I am very organized and have a passion for creating and doing things that give people a new perspective on life. I set plans and goals, and do what it takes to get things done in the most efficient ways possible and I am able to adapt even when things don’t quite work out. As a 2nd Degree Black Belt Instructor, my discipline and ability to handle things most people cannot has been amplified beyond the average individual. I am dedicated and reliable to my cause!
I love Science, Culture, and Spanish as well as Video Editing/Production and also just being able to over see projects from start to finish. I currently tutor and teach Veterans Spanish. I am in the process of completing my Bachelor's of Science with a Major in Honors Psychology at Wayne State University. I also have 2 minors in Spanish Language and Latino/a and Latin American Studies (Formerly known as CBS: Chicano-Boricua Studies).
I love Language and culture and it's why I love to share it with others.
I would love to be apart of something where I could put my skills to use and be a part of creating something amazing or doing things that can help change people’s lives in a positive way.
"Give the world different perspectives of the world. See the world through different eyes!"
$12 cancellation fee
May up rate if my travel time is 20mins or more.
Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan (November 2011- Present-143 Credits Towards Bachelor of Science)
• Major: Honors Psychology, Minors: Spanish Language & Latino/a and Latin American Studies (both complete)
Rank: Senior (GPA: 3.39) Awards: Dean’s List (Fall August 2013- Fall August 2014)
Specs Howard School of Media Arts, Farmington Hills: Digital Media Arts Graduate (May 2016-Apirl 2017)
Rank: Graduate (GPA: 4.0)
• Science: Basic Life Mechanisms, Anatomy and Physiology, Human Physiology, Computer Science, Social Psych, Personality Psych, Developmental Psych, Abnormal Psych, Directed Study-Close Relationship Research Lab, Writing Lab Experimental Psych Statistical Psych, Perception Psych, Conceptual Physics, Critical Thinking, Vanessa Van Edwards Body Language
• Spanish & Culture: Intermediate Spanish 1 & 2, Spanish Grammar Review & Composition, Spanish Conversation, Intro To Interdisciplinary Latino/a Studies Research, Learning About Your Community Through Research, Latino/a Urban Problems, Readings In Hispanic Literature & Culture, Medical Spanish, History of Colonial Latin America, American Government
• Communication: Design Your Future, Launch Your Career, Oral Communication: Basic Speech, Basic Writing, Intro College Writing, Intermediate Writing, Intro To Ethics, Intro To Film, Advanced Portfolio, Career Preparation
• Digital Media Arts: Writing & Digital Technology, Camera Techniques, Production Fundamentals, Media Production 1 & 2, Introduction to Post Production, Digital Design, Introduction to web Design, Media for the web, Multimedia Design
Community Involvement & Work History
Instructor, Detroit Helping Our Youth, Detroit, Michigan (September 2007-Present)
• Teach self-defense to youth; unite different nationalities by integrating individual cultures into practice.
• Act as Mentor, a positive leader/role model to youth of various ages and backgrounds.
• Promote well-being, self-esteem, safety, physical protection from harm, development spiritually, mentally and physically; enrich important decision-making, life choices, life lessons, discipline and culture; through constant body & mind control training/conditioning.
Spanish Instructor/Coordinator, Veterans Upward Bound/Veterans Educational Opportunities Program (VUB/VEOP), Detroit, Michigan (January 2018-Present)
• Teacher/Instructor, Tutor & Academic Mentor (Develop Unique Spanish Curriculum to teach students in Spanish Language & Culture).
• Reception, Office Duties, tracking process and attendance Assist with recruiting students (via phone call, online & creation of video advertising)
Specs Howard Marketing Intern, Specs Howard School of Media Arts, Southfield, Michigan (April 2017-July)
• Assist in writing blogs, filming/ edit, and develop commercials seen on TV and other related forms of branding for Specs Howard School of Media Arts marketing department as well as companies affiliated/partnered with the school.
Residential Desk Assistant (DA), Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan (August 2014-Present)
• Serve as Receptionist and Secretary at front desk of on-campus halls and apartment facilities for residents.
• Detailed front-end security and surveillance; access to residents’ confidential information.
• Send emails, answer phone, sort & deliver USA postal mail, keep record of all non-resident entry into buildings.
• Licenses/Certifications: Leadership Training, Psi Chi, Research Lab Assistant, WSU MUSE Program, 2011-NHS (National Honors Society), CPR, First Aid, AAU Certified Coach, Internationally Certified 2nd Degree Black Belt Instructor
• Latin American Studies and Language: Current Spanish Tutor/Instructor, Spanish (Proficient Intermediate Reading, Writing, Speaking) El Club Hispano (WSU Spanish Club), WSU CLLAS (Center for Latino/a and Latin American Studies-Formerly known as CBS: Chicano-Boricua Studies), 2 Completed WSU Minors
• Computer: SPSS, Internet, Email, Microsoft Office, Mac Interface, Cameras & Video Editing, Adobe Suite CC
• Media Arts: Specs Howard Grad, YouTube Content Creator: (concealed information) Assistant Director of “Best of War Genre” winner 48 hour film (2016), 2011- THTV (Thurston High school Television, Merit Award-Michigan Student Film Festival (2011), Camera Operator, Film Making, Editor, Script Writing, Storytelling, Media Analysis, Pre-Post Production Skills, Graphic Design, Brand Building, Online Account Management, Director & Producer
• Clerical/Office: Customer service, Reception, Telephone etiquette, Typing, Research, Note taking, Filing/Documenting, Copying, Cultural awareness
• Martial Arts: 2nd Degree Black Belt, Over 15 years of: Discipline, Teaching, Lifestyle Etiquette, Meditation, 10+ Styles of Self-Defense, Knowledge of safety & Human Anatomy
• Jam1 Productions and Services, LLC: Owner & CEO of the Jam1 brand, video production, life skill services (concealed information) (concealed information)
spanish lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||$30||Not available||$25|