My name is Ahmad Hamssa, and I'm a Civil Engineering student at UMass Amherst. I have studied Spanish language for 4 years in school, and 3 semesters in college, all ranging from Spanish grammar and vocabulary to Composition and Conversation.
I have tutored with other programs at UMass Boston, including the student tutoring center. I have also been involved with several Spanish composition and conversation classes, in which we looked at Spanish language, culture, heritage and history. These all gave me a better understanding of the people, and their identity.
30 Child Street | Hyde Park, MA 02136 | (concealed information) | (concealed information)
University of Massachusetts Amherst
Bachelor of Science: Civil Engineering 2013-2018(expected)
Relevant Coursework: General Chemistry, Calculus 1, Calculus 2, Fundamentals of Physics 1 & 2, Fundamentals of Physics Lab 1 & 2, Introduction to Engineering, Intro to Macroeconomics, Thermodynamics, Engineering Statics, Statistics and Probability in CE.
Shawmut Design & Construction: Project Administration Intern May 2016- August 2016, Boston, MA
- Organized and uploaded financial documents, invoices, and receipts for construction projects.
- Used programs such as CMiC Project Manager, CMiC Enterprise and Concur to find, store, and organize construction management contracts, invoices, and other documents.
- Created Subcontracts, and Job Orders using CMiC.
- Packaged and shipped contract documents to companies throughout the US via Optima.
Subject Tutoring Program: Spanish Tutor November 2014 - May 2015, Boston, MA
-Tutoring fellow UMass students in Spanish language, and Grammar.
- Created lesson plans for students, which were maintained via weekly meetings
MLK Scholars: Summer Search July, 2013 – August, 2013; Boston, MA
- Maintained communication between Summer Search and students on summer trips.
- Worked on large and small collaborative projects ranging from long-term inventory and communication with students, to daily writing to donors.
- Gained experience in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Outlook.
ACE: Architecture, Construction, and Engineering December, 2012 – February 2013; Boston, MA
- Received hands on experience/mentorship in Landscape Design with professional Architects from Stantec.
- Re-designed the parking lot and community gardens area for the John D. O’Bryant School.
- Presented the re-designed map to peers and professionals at Wentworth Institute of Technology.
Languages Fluent In
- Italian (Moderate)
spanish lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - spanish lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - spanish lessons for all!
Taking writing comprehension - spanish lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||$10||Not available||Not available|