I have a Bachelors Degree in Hospitality Management and I've lived in the States for over 12 years. I have experience as Director of Sales. I worked in the corporate world for more than 15 years and I believe that some schools won't ever teach you how to speak Spanish in the real corporate world. I have a lot of experience traveling around the world and I understand some cultural differences and I'll teach you how to overcome them with the language. I have a very flexible schedule, however I prefer early mornings or late evenings if possible. I speak English and some French.
I taught Spanish for Adults before to advance students. I used to bring an articule, or subject to talk and discuss over the class. They learned new vocabulary every time and then we went over some of the grammatical structures if necessary. I also, taught a few classes for kids and the dismay can a lot different: fun and again lots of practice. Kids LOVE to speak another language.
- Over 14 years experience in the hotel & restaurant management industry
- New business development
- Successful client and employee relationship management
- Strong negotiation skills
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Strategic and Market Planning
- CMP Certification (Certified Meeting Professional)
October 2010 to Present- Social Media Freelance- Manage Social Media for Gustavo’s Mexican Grill Prospect, Gustavo’s Mexican Grill Crestwood, Gustavo’s Mexican Grill LaGrange
March 2016- Assistant General Manager, Ramada Plaza Hotel
February 2014 –March 2016- Director of Sales, Fern Valley Hotel & Conference Center
- Responsible for generating top line revenue and growing market share indexes and the management of all sales and marketing efforts
- Develop business leads, solicit potential clients, service existing accounts, meet and exceed quarterly and yearly sales goals
- Attain budgeted revenues, responsible for all marketing efforts including internet marketing, advertising, and social media
- Prepare reports pertaining to the operation of the Sales department to include but not limited to annual and monthly forecast, marketing budget, group booking pace report, star reports, and sales reports
- Maintain knowledge of market, competition and customers
- Discover and target new business and revenue streams which are not currently being explored
- Work with General Manager to establish annual revenue and sales & marketing budget
- Develop rates, group sales and catering deployment strategies through review of competitive data, demand analysis and mix management
- Anticipate and identifies issues and opportunities by thinking ahead. Gather facts, listens effectively, weigh alternatives and apply independent judgment to propose solutions in resourceful manner
June 2013- December 2013 Catering Sales Manager – The Brown Hotel
-Develop business leads, solicit potential clients, service existing accounts
-Accurately generate Banquet Event Orders, resumes and associated documents to service as required
-Meet and greet clients, conduct property tours and promote facilities and services.
-Organized and conducted pre-convention meetings for groups in the hotel
July 2010- March 2012- New Market Manager, Sysco Louisville Food Services Co.
- Maintain and grow sales
- Develop the overall Hispanic Market. Results showed 158% revenue increase in the
- Create and design marketing materials for restaurants to increase sales
- Manage and maintain strong client relationships
- Consult, train and advocate restaurant owners and managers
2005-July 2010 Sales Manager, Galt House Hotel, Louisville, KY
- Solicit, manage and execute hotel room nights for corporate, social and government clients.
- Increased Corporate and Wedding Market by 200%
- Client pre-and post-relationship and event management
- Developed target events for meeting and convention clientele ranging from hosting
high-end clientele, VIP site visits, and the purchase of amenities and promotional items
2000-2002 Meeting Planner, All Conventions (formerly Mexicana de Convenciones) Mexico City
Planned and managed conventions up to 1,200 attendees and budgets up to $1,000,000. Managed associated events vendors and suppliers
1999.2000 Operations Manager, La Madre Gula Restaurante, Mexico City, Mexico
Coordinated the grand opening of this location in Mexico City. Responsibilities included training, purchasing, overall operational execution, vendor selection, architectural design and layout
1998.2002 Bachelors Degree in Hospitality/ Business Management
Universidad de Turismo y Ciencias Administrativas, Mexico City, Mexico
2013-2014 Photography I, II, II, Photoshop, Light room,
2010 French II
2008 Online CMP Course- PCMA (Professional Convention Management Association)
2008 Online CMP Course- MPI (Meeting Professionals International)
2007 Public Speaking Training- Dale Carnegie
2007 Customer-Focused Selling- PI Worldwide
2005 Bridging the Gap- Medical Interpreter Training- Catholic Charities of Louisville
2004 Introduction to Legal Interpretation- Catholic Charities of Louisville
spanish lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|