I can provide tutoring in science and math from the elementary level up until the end of high school. My main approach to tutoring is patience. I believe that being patient with a student is the key to their success. I also believe in keeping it simple. I am able to take hard to grasp concepts and explain them in ways that are easy to understand. Lastly, I realize that every student learns in a different way. Therefore, I like to cater the way I teach to each individual student.
I am a UC Riverside graduate with a Bachelors of Science in Geology and have a strong science and math background. I have experience tutoring peers throughout high school and college, as well as coaching soccer for kids aged 6-14.
University of California, Riverside – September 2016- September 2020
• Bachelor of Science, Geology
• Senior Thesis: Potential Crater Subsidence of Ol Doinyo Lengai Measured Using InSAR
Undergraduate Research Intern, UC Riverside w/Dr. Gareth Funning– December 2019-September 2020
• Collected Sentinel-1 InSAR data to study volcano deformation
• Applied knowledge of MATLAB and Terminal to analyze data
• Designed my own code to read and plot InSAR data
• Solved complex problems using critical thinking
• Independently drew conclusions about my individual findings
Fitwell Staff, UC Riverside Student Recreation Center – September 2018-September 2020
• Supervised recreation center patrons to ensure user safety
• Enforced weight room policy
• Maintained weight room cleanliness
• Mediated and resolved disputes between patrons
• Participated in team building exercises
• Collaborated with coworkers to draft new policies, activities, and rule amendments
Undergraduate Research Intern, UC Riverside w/Dr. Wei Lui – March 2019-May 2019
• Used Terminal to retrieve climate data from the university’s cluster
• Ran code to turn data into climate models
• Had to quickly learn and implement new skills I was taught
Waiter, California Pizza Kitchen, Solana Beach, CA – December 2015-September 2016; June 2017-September 2017; June 2019-September 2019
• Was quickly promoted from host to waiter as a result of work ethic, punctuality, and reliability
• Used communication skills to work as a team
Host, California Pizza Kitchen, Solana Beach, CA – September 2015-December 2015
• Entry-level position seating guests in the restaurant
SKILLS, COURSES, CERTIFICATES
• Skills: Python, MATLAB, remote sensing techniques (InSAR, GPS, gravity, and magnetic measurements), Terminal, Microsoft Office, scalable vector graphics, sociable/personable, critical thinker, perform well under pressure, strong leader, motivated, punctual
• Courses: Structural geology, field mapping, igneous and metamorphic petrology, sedimentology and stratigraphy, active tectonics and remote sensing, earth’s resources and sustainability, mineralogy, calculus, physics, chemistry
• Language: Three years of high school Spanish
• Certificates: CPR certified
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, physics lessons for all!
Taking geometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|