I focus on tailoring each lesson specifically to the student. I believe that a conceptual understanding is the most important asset a student should have in order to excel in their subject - and thus, my lessons focus on cultivating a conceptual understanding that is as rigorous as possible with no gaps in logic or reasoning.
Hey! I'm Yusef and I'm a 2nd year computer science student at UMass Amherst with a 4.0 GPA. I've tutored in the past and really enjoy the feeling of helping someone understand something. The 'aha' moment is always so satisfying! I can guarantee a personalised experience where we have a genuine conversation and work together to better your understanding, instead of a 1vs30 experience where a teacher shouts a bunch of generic info at a class. (no hate to teachers, they just have a lot of students to deal with). With me, it's 1 on 1 and all about your understanding.
I have found that this approach has worked well with my previous students over the past few years and helped them to significantly better their exam and assignments scores.
High school: Auckland Grammar School (I was streamed into the top class, known as ‘A’, which consisted of ~30 of the top students out of the 500 student cohort, each year)
University: currently enrolled as an undergraduate computer science student at UMass Amherst
Previous work experience:
- Chapter Book & Tea Shop (2017-2018). I worked as a waiter and in food preparation for a year, where responsibilities included: working as a cashier, preparing sandwiches and other delicacies, preparing and serving tea, and restocking shelves.
- recipient of the Chancellor’s Award at UMass Amherst ($16,000 per annum).
- 1520 SAT score.
- 800 Math II subject test score.
- 800 Physics subject test score.
- A+ (98.5%) in Maths 153, a first-year level calculus and linear algebra course at the University of Auckland.
- A* in CIE Physics A Level.
- A* in CIE Chemistry A Level.
- A in CIE Mathematics A Level.
- holder of NZQA Calculus (2018) & Chemistry (2018) scholarship.
- publisher of Android apps such as (‘Impossible Tic Tac Toe’)
- bilingual (Farsi & English).
- can program C++, and have been since 2015.
- can program Java, Python, and Matlab and have been since 2020.
- Disc Ultimate (Ultimate Frisbee) national title holder for the NZSS (New Zealand Secondary School) tournament in 2019.
- piano performance & composition.
- calisthenics & competitive arm wrestling.
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, physics lessons for all!
Taking chemistry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|