As a tutor and writing coach, I provide individuals with the necessary support and facilitation unique to each of their individual expression. My approach consists of helping my client find his or her voice as a writer and enhance the strength of that voice wherever it is needed.
I’m a SUNY New Paltz English MA graduate with three years’ experience of teaching college-writing. I have worked with individuals with an array of abilities and skill sets, including learning disabilities and English language learners. I am also a certified writing tutor by the College Reading and Learning Association.
I’d be happy to:
-assist teens, college students and adults develop competent writing skills in school/college essays, emails, blogs, etc.
-help individuals develop confidence in themselves as a writer
-Facilitate brainstorming and writing development techniques unique to individual learner
We can work online or in-person--
• Experienced in the higher education sector with teaching and tutoring college-level writing.
• Aims to mentor students and clients in their development as avid writers and thinkers.
• Seasoned in developing academic curriculum and designing individual learning plans.
• Facilitates a holistic approach in mentoring students’ and clients’ unique abilities as a writer, by making connections between the “writer” and “individual.”
• Obtained skills pertaining to Microsoft office
• Strong work ethic dedicated to time management, effective organization and planning of appointments and creativity.
M.A., English, State University of New York at New Paltz, 2018
B.A., English, minor in Creative Writing, State University of New York at New Paltz., 2016
West Point Military Academy West Point, NY
Writing Fellow October 2020-present
• Hired by First Division Consulting to assist cadets one-on-one online with development of academic writing skills.
• Offer suggestions for self-editing, brainstorming, developing content and other areas of the writing process.
• Construct feedback form to the cadet’s instructor about each session
SUNY New Paltz English Department New Paltz, NY
Instructor August 2016-December 2019
• Instruct composition class of 23 first-year students to fulfill a general education requirement for college credit.
• Create and present an array of assignments, lesson plans and syllabus for course meeting twice per week.
• Enhance students’ writing and literacy skills through an assortment of in-class and out-of-class assignments such as constructing personal/reflective narrative essays, expository writings, creating credible arguments, and research skills.
• Develop students’ verbal communication skills through assigning oral presentations based around research-argument essays. Students present a 5 to 7 minute presentation in front of their peers, effectively discussing their thesis and referring to credible evidence to solidify their views.
• Hold two office hours per week, check in with struggling students, and use Blackboard to post assignment sheets, hand-outs, and PowerPoint slides containing class material from the day’s lesson.
• Track students’ attendance, grades and progress.
SUNY New Paltz Center for Student Success New Paltz, NY
Writing Consultant August 2016-May 2018
• Assisted college students one-on-one with development of academic writing skills through a variety of subjects.
• Aided in development of students’ writing processes by teaching effective brainstorming techniques, self-editing skills, and research methods.
Poem published in Lightwood online literary website April 2020
Poem published in Stonesthrow Review: SUNY New Paltz Literary Journal April 2016
Member of Sigma Tau Delta, International English Honor Society April 2016
College Reading and Learning Association Certified Tutor December 2017
• Proficient in Microsoft Office’
• Effective written and oral communicator
• Efficient in analytical forms of interpretation and study
Finding Charlie, a YA novel. Forthcoming, 2022.
vocabulary - english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest ESL lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral expression - english lessons for all!
Taking writing comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||$15||Not available||$15|