My students say my classes are very interesting and lively, and in one lesson they can learn a lot. I offer timely corrections and advice. I am thorough and dedicated. When my students don't understand something, I use small puppet shows, pictures, rich expression,s and a lot of patience to help them. My students say I am a great teacher and most study with me for many years. I welcome you to study with me! :)
Hi! My name is Dave Brown. I am Canadian, and I live in California, USA. I have a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, I am a TEFL/TESOL certified English teacher, and I have taught English as a Second Language since 2002. I have an accent that is clear and easy to understand.
• Excellent verbal and written English skills - able to explain solutions based on the type of audience.
• Strong team player with analytical and technical writing skills.
• Independent; entrepreneurial; proactive; collaborator.
• Well-organized; self-motivated; comfortable working with international clients.
• Soft Skills: Communications, Training, Leadership, Coaching, Tutoring, Scrum/Sprint/SDLC
• Tech Knowledge: DNS, TCP/IP, TLS/SSL, HTML, CSS, JS, APIs, Postman, RESTful, JSON, MongoDB, Node, Python, Windows 10, Server 2016, Office365, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, SharePoint, One Drive, Office 2010, Google Sheets/Docs, Active Directory, PowerShell, Azure, NTFS
ESL TEACHER / CONTRACTS / ONLINE / 2013-PRESENT
• Teach/Tutor Chinese youth, 5-18 years, using excellent written and verbal English skills to create engaging, effective and customized training, earning repeat business and referrals for my agents.
• Use techniques, such as using TPR, using props, acting, singing to create fun and informative lessons.
• Advocate for my clients to my agents - who provide curriculum - to get the best possible learning experience and value for money.
INTERCULTURAL COACH / CONTRACTS / ONLINE / 2011-PRESENT
• Deliver engaging, effective, and customized corporate training to Eastern European senior-level professionals, developers & designers, using excellent communication and collaboration skills, resulting in clients achieving their professional and business goals.
• Coach professional clients to create crystal-clear visions, design focused actions, and achieve life and business-changing results.
• Operated a sole proprietorship for over 9 years; managed all aspects of the business including sales, marketing, bookkeeping, tax filing, revenue/expenses reporting, accounts payable/receivable, P&L, management of debt and liabilities.
INSTRUCTOR / EXCEL CAREER COLLEGE / CANADA / 2014-2016
• Planned, organized, and delivered courses in Microsoft Office Suite, A+, and Network+ Certification to adult learners of diverse backgrounds, enabling the learners to acquire the technical skills needed to achieve their career goals.
• Lead and delivered the Business Diploma Program, including courses in marketing, sales, and management to prepare adults to operate and manage businesses.
• Delivered training in a college classroom, onsite at corporations, and remotely.
• Office365, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, SharePoint, Office 2010
TECH SUPPORT SPECIALIST / CR VOLUNTEER SOCIETY / CANADA / 2011-2016
• Provided technical assistance and support for in-person queries and issues related to computer
• systems, software, and hardware, LAN, WAN, and Wi-Fi maintenance and troubleshooting.
• Proactively monitor systems to ensure minimal downtime.
• Create tutorials and training materials for employees, as well as help, train them.
• Published web content and managed CMS.
TEST ENGINEER / CSA INTERNATIONAL / CANADA / 2005-2010
• Provided world-class support to major clients including Logitech, HP, and Cisco while coordinating projects with conflicting deadlines.
• Assisted Certification Engineers to evaluate IT products for electrical and mechanical safety by analyzing circuits and conducting testing according to international electrical product safety standards requiring a fundamental knowledge of PC networking, hardware, software and CLI.
• Worked closely with multiple internal and external clients to deliver accurate safety certification reports while using clear and concise communication; added to and updated test procedures.
ESL TEACHER / BERLITZ / BEIJING, CHINA / 2002-2005
• Developed and taught focused English as a Second Language (ESL) training programs at corporations (Seimens, Nortel Networks, IBM) and prestigious QingHua University and won extended contracts.
• Established a positive rapport while facilitating small and large adult classes; received excellent reviews from students for my approachability, commitment to quality, and my engaging classes.
• Coordinated communication between students and school administration to create an effective and culturally sensitive learning environment.
TECH SUPPORT / UNIVERSITY OF VICTORIA / CANADA / 1997-1999
• Supported (DNS, TCP/IP, TLS/SSL) Faculty and Students at the University of Victoria; updated Knowledge Base using HTML; investigated and resolved issues.
• Windows, Apple, Linux, Office95/98, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Udemy, Web Developer Bootcamp, 2019
• Oxford Seminars, TESL/TEFL Certification, 2015
• Accomplishment Coaching, Coaching & Leadership, 2011-2012
• Vancouver Community College, Adult Instructor Diploma, 2010
• University of Victoria, BS Computer Engineering, 1995-2000
David is a kind, patient person who I have known got years. He is dedicated to the success of his students. I highly recommend him to teach you English.
vocabulary - english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, writing comprehension - english lessons for all!
Taking listening comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$35||$25|
|5 hours||Not available||$135||$125|
|10 hours||Not available||$250||$250|