My teaching method is hands on. I do my best to engage students with interactive practices to ensure maximum understanding of each topic. I make sure to reiterate important details and cater to each students learning style to best suit their needs. I teach life sciences on the elementary, middle, and high school levels.
I have a Bachelor of Science in Zoology from Texas A&M University. I am currently working towards my teaching certification and have 4 years of experience working with children in the education field. I have worked at various education centers, science camp, and gained hands on experience in the wildlife conservation field.
Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas May 2019
Bachelor of Science in Zoology
Texas Teachers of Tomorrow Currently enrolled
Alternate teaching certification program
Austin Zoo, Austin, Texas May 2019 – August 2019
Zoo Camp Instructor
• Taught children ages 5-12 about ecology, taxonomy, anatomy, and wildlife conservation
• Toured classes around the zoo while educating them on the daily husbandry tasks performed and training methods used
• Handled small ambassador animals, cleaned their enclosures, fed and taught about them
• Lead activities involving the preparation of animal diets and creating enrichment
• Lead nature walks while identifying local plant and animal species
Texas State Aquarium, Corpus Christi, Texas June 2018 – August 2018
Wildlife Rescue Intern
• Calculated dosage, drew up, and administered daily medications and vaccines
• Anesthetized and monitored the breathing of animals while cleaning injuries and changing bandages
• Performed daily health care and husbandry tasks such as animal physical therapy, bathing animals, and cleaning kennels and tanks.
• Prepared/distributed diets for sea-turtles and shore birds, and set up live animal traps for raptor feeding
• Assisted on animal rescues by acquiring the injured animals from sighting locations, as well as monitoring rehabilitated animal releases
Fit For Kids Too, Bryan, Texas August 2018- May 2019
• Cared for children ages 6 weeks – 11 years old
• Created and performed fun and engaging crafts, games and songs
• Prepared, cleaned up after, and fed children
Nicholson Early Childhood Development Center, Austin, Texas May 2017- August 2017
• Supervised classrooms of 5 to 16 children ages 18 month-5 years old
• Assisted Teachers in daily activities, crafts, and lesson plans
• aught children about shapes, colors, letters, sounds, and basic academic concepts
Clearwater Management, Austin, Texas June 2015 – August 2017
• Supervised daily tasks of a 10-person lifeguard unit, maximizing team efficiency and resolving all conflicts
• Ensured the safety of all lifeguards and patrons by leading during all minor and major emergencies
• Created company policy on party planning, and events at the pool community center
• Taught swimming lessons to children ages 2 to 10 years old
biology lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest cell biology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, anatomy lessons for all!
Taking physiology lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||$12||$12||Not available|