My teaching method is that every student learns in their own unique way; therefor, it is my responsibility to discover the best ways of teaching each student as an individual. If one student requires extra assistance, I will give that student as much assistance as I can until they fully grasp the lesson at hand.
I am the managing editor of my county's oldest newspaper. I hold a BA in English (2015), which I earned as a student athlete. I also hold a MA in English (2019) and have future plans of completing my PhD. I have been giving lessons in English since my freshman year in college.
A graduate of Southern New Hampshire University
Master of Arts in English
Managing Editor of the Times-Journal
18169 Alabama Highway 117 Henagar, AL 35978
¥ Contact information
- Cell phone: (concealed information)
- Office phone: (concealed information) (direct)
- Office phone: (concealed information) (main)
- Office email: (concealed information)
- Personal email: (concealed information)
- High School Diploma, May 2011
Ider High School, Ider Alabama
- Bachelor of Arts with emphasis in Literature, May 2015
Martin Methodist College, Pulaski Tennessee
- Master’s degree in English Literature, October 2017- May 2019
Southern New Hampshire University, Manchester, New Hampshire
- I am an experienced editor and writer with a demonstrated history of working in media and communication. Skilled in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, BLOX CSM, Microsoft Office, and Social Media. Strong professional with a Bachelor Arts from Martin Methodist College.
Also skilled in public speaking, editing, and communications. Industry knowledge in creative writing, reading comprehension, graphic design, and public relations. Interpersonal skills of leadership and teamwork.
- Instructor for 10th and 12th grade English (leave of absence)
- Substitute teacher 2015-2017 DeKalb County School System and Fort Payne City School System
- The Times-Journal, Southern Newspapers Inc. Staff Writer, February 2017-May 2018
- Promoted to the Times-Journal, Southern Newspapers Inc. Art Director for DeKalb Living Magazine May 2018- September 2018
- Promoted to the Times-Journal, Southern Newspapers Inc. Managing Editor for the Times-Journal, September 2018- present. My duties include assigning news stories, reading, writing, editing, and publishing news stories. I manage the editorial department of the Times-Journal office. I oversee interviews, reporting and writing of the local news. I create the newspaper templates and pages for three-day-a-week publication. I read, edit, and PDF all newspaper pages before sending them to press before or by deadline.
I pitch, assign, write, read, and edit magazine articles for the monthly publication of the DeKalb Living Magazine. My duties as the magazine editor include setting up interviews, gathering sources and source information, fact-checking, photographing subjects, and producing human interest articles.
- Published in the Times-Journal in Fort Payne, Alabama, DeKalb Living Magazine, in DeKalb County, Alabama, the Sand Mountain Reporter in Albertville, Alabama, the Jackson County Sentinel in Scottsboro, Alabama, for columns, articles and editorials, and senor thesis at The Warden Memorial Library at Martin Methodist College in Pulaski, Tennessee
While working at the managing editor at the Times-Journal, I worked on my MA from Southern New Hampshire University. My long term career goal is to teach at the college level. I graduated with my MA in May 2019 as a student member of the Sigma Tau Delta English Honor Society.
academic english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, literature lessons for all!
Taking creative writing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$15|