As a CS student who began the math journey from intermediate algebra to differential equations, I empathize with many overwhelmed students who stumbled across these seemingly daunting subjects. I’m ecstatic to help students overcome that irrational fear. My goal remains to assist students in developing their confidence in these subjects—in addition to their academic success. The past year in Pasadena City College (PCC), I have worked with many classmates, and I have tutored them remotely over various video platforms.
As a tutor, I encourage students to derive self-guidance in case of an absence of a tutor through explorations of self-learning techniques and resources that are readily available, such as web sources, books, and lectures. I’m a huge advocate of practicing spaced repetition to better retain concepts in the long haul. This technique proved to be most influential in learning, and I plan to emphasize this to students who seek to improve upon their self-reliance in their academic journey.
I believe that tutoring with empathy and respect for the subject and the students I work with is just as important—if not more than my understanding of the subject. I have tutored students in mathematics in varying levels in PCC—ranging from intermediate algebra to Calculus III and Differential Equations. I am able to adjust very well to my expectations proportionate to the students’ abilities (no pun intended), and I’m able to deliver my knowledge in a very patient and polite manner.
Need references? Message me!
This year has been difficult for many of us. With everything delivered remotely, it’s not unreasonable to question the integrity of the quality of education that you are receiving—and this is where I step in. We should leave no room for compromises when it comes to learning—whether you’re learning in a classroom or at home. I strive to bring an immersive learning experience wherever you are, and I will work to bring you the highest quality of education through using modern digital solutions and apps. The pandemic will move on, but our education is here to stay. In this journey, I want to help you achieve your academic goals and bring out the best of your abilities, regardless of what’s happening out there, so let’s get studying!
PCC Tutor • Math Success Center Tutor • Pasadena City College
• Tutoring students in PCC for math level up to calculus 3 and differential equations
• Accommodating students who are part of the Disabled Students & Services (DSP&S) and working with students with learning disabilities to help succeed in mathematics
• Part of the College Reading & Learning Association (certificate available on late August 2021)
Starting August 2021
International Peer Leader Program • Pasadena City College
Pasadena City College [2019-2021]
Associate in Arts, Engineering and Technology
• Dean’s list for 5 consecutive semesters with 4.0 GPA with Honors
• Completed all math sequences, beginning from College Algebra, Single- and Multi-Variable Calculus, Differential Equations and Linear Algebra
• Research completed with PCC faculty member Peter Riley designated for Calculus Honors project: “Constrained Optimization and Related Rates”, with detailed analysis of challenging applications and deriving easier methods of solving
• Completed 2 engineering physics courses and CS courses, specializing in Object Oriented Design Principles using the C++ language
Santa Clara University [starting Fall 2021]
BFA Computer Science
• Robert Westerbeck Scholarship
• Analyzed 100+ mathematical applications in all levels on a weekly basis and breaking down high-level concept in fast and efficient manner for students in a given allotted time
• Ability to utilize clear graphics through OneNote and screen-sharing tools to best simulate in-person learning and tutoring experience
• Deep understanding of multi-dimensional perspectives and familiar with 3D mathematical platforms, such as SketchUp and Geogebra
• Fluent in Korean and English
algebra lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest trigonometry lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, precalculus & calculus lessons for all!
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|