I teach students of any age to not only find success in reading but to enjoy it. I approach each student from where they are and work actively with them and their parents to get them where they need to be. I also believe providing support for parents is really important so I work one-on-one with parents as well to teach them skills to help their students and develop plans to see their success grow.
I have a degree in English Literature from Agnes Scott College. I have been trained in providing reading support and comprehension lessons to children from age 4 to college and adult levels. I have training in academic writing and research as well as in presentation skills and public speaking.
Same day cancellation - $15 fee.
Any travel outside of 40 mi for me will be subject to additional fees.
Hourly fee charged for parental consultation.
Writer and Editor Atlanta, GA
Freelance June 2017 - Present
• Collaborate to write and edit for a variety of clients in local travel blogging, on ESL personal statements for students in China, entertainment pieces, and on creative writing projects
• Demonstrate attention-to-detail for accurate editing, clarity of communication, and consistency of voice
The Institute of Reading Development Atlanta, GA
Teacher April - August 2019
• Engaged classes of four to 30 students from pre-kindergarten to adult age in skills related to reading competence and success by leading lively and collaborative classes centered on learning to read well and enjoy the process
• Demonstrated ability to work independently, take initiative with parents, students, and supervisors, and provide accurate, detailed, and engaging information from the front of the room
Newton County Library System Covington, GA
Library Assistant December 2017 - February 2019
• Guided patrons in the use of library materials and services to provide quality aid and information to patrons.
• Developed programs for patron engagement including displays, craft programs, and book sales which saw a substantial increase in patron interaction in the library
Center for Writing and Speaking Agnes Scott College, Decatur, GA
Tutor April 2016 - May 2017
• Recommended by faculty and selected via interview to demonstrate correct style and form in writing and presenting and critique student projects both in one-on-one and classroom environments
Office of Academic Advising Agnes Scott College, Decatur, GA
Peer Advisor March 2015 - December 2016
• Collaborated with 15 other peer advisors to develop programs and guides to aid incoming first year students as they acclimate to college life and to lead meetings and training sessions
Agnes Scott College, Bachelor of Arts in English Literature May 2017
Magna Cum Laude honors, 3.86 GPA
academic english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, literature lessons for all!
Taking essay writing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$20||$17|
|5 hours||Not available||$80||$85|
|10 hours||Not available||$180||$170|