I approach tutoring each of my students by their own requirements: some students require more examples, some students require more hands-on approaches, and some students need to know the origin of necessary formulas. Clearly, each student requires his or her own method of study, and I have no problem changing my default methodology in order to match the student's necessary pedagogy.
I've been providing private lessons since I was in high school myself nearly a decade and a half ago. Courses I've personally taken include calculus, statistics, optimization, and calculus-based introductory and intermediate microeconomics courses, introductory macroeconomics, and econometrics, all of which I am comfortable explaining to others. My most comfortable courses to teach on a one-on-one basis are calculus 1 & 2, and statistics. Statistical software I have used include Excel, Stata, R, and the TI-84 calculator.
Rates listed are for undergraduate and high school level courses. Graduate level courses:
$150 for 5 hours (in-person or webcam)
$250 for 10 hours (in-person or webcam)
RENSSELAER POLYTECHNIC INSTITUTE, Troy, NY
Master of Science, Applied Mathematics Spring 2010 - Spring 2011
THESIS: Auction Theory: Applications to eBay
Bachelor of Science, Mathematics and Economics Fall 2007 - Spring 2011
Mathematics Tutor Self-employed/Independent Contractor Jan 2007 - Present
• Tutored high school and college students at various levels of mathematics, ranging from Algebra 1 and
2 through college-level statistics and Linear Algebra courses, as well as calculus-based micro- and macroeconomics courses.
• Tutored high school students in standardized test-taking skills for the mathematics portion of the SAT
and the math subject SAT examinations.
• Authored tailored solution documents to practice questions for courses in calculus, statistics, differential equations, linear algebra, and other college-level courses.
Subject Matter Expert GEX, Inc. Jul 2013 - Jul 2016
• Designed algorithmic mathematics and economics homework assignments and solutions for a major
college textbook publishing company. Courses range from elementary algebra topics through calculus-based statistics courses, financial mathematics courses, and Linear Algebra.
• Worked in a team setting in order to establish consistency among all developers within the team.
• Meticulously reviewed instructor solution manuals for mathematical accuracy.
• Trained and led a team of developers on an accessibility project where the company was tasked to
construct robust transcripts for educational mathematics videos for blind and deaf students.
Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office, STATA, MatLab, LaTeX, R, Minitab
COURSEWORK AT RPI
Master’s Thesis in Auction Theory Spring 2011
• Mined data from over 300 auctions on eBay.
• Utilized STATA in running various regressions to determine if those results follow the rules and expectations from the underlying auction theory.
Econometrics Spring 2010
• Implemented STATA in running various multivariate OLS regressions.
• Studied the specification of mathematical models of various types of data, which set the foundation
for future empirical economic data analysis.
Probability Theory and Mathematical Statistics Fall 2008, Spring 2009
• Two purely theoretical courses that covered axioms of probability, joint and conditional probability, random variables, probability density and distribution functions, expectation, functions of random variables, and limit theorems.
• Studied applications of probability theory to models in operations research, including queuing theory.
• Topics in statistics included sampling and sampling distributions, point estimation, and hypothesis testing.
Massachusetts Provisional Teaching License, Mathematics 8-12 Dec 2017
HONORS AND AWARDS
Pi Mu Epsilon NY Kappa Chapter, National Mathematics Honors Society at RPI
Dean’s List of Distinguished Students
GEX, Inc. - Project Leader
Pi Mu Epsilon, NY Kappa Chapter - President 2010-2011; Vice-President 2009-2010
algebra lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest trigonometry lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, calculus lessons for all!
Taking precalculus lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$30|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$150|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$300|