When teaching, I use an individualized approach that allows me to cater to the needs and abilities of each student. I am extremely receptive to students feedback and I like to have them formulate their own learning goals that we can build off of. I am a fun, energetic individual who believes learning should be interactive and I often employ my humor when teaching to keep students engaged and interested in what they are learning. I a firm believer in practice testing/quizzing because it simulates a true testing experience and ultimately reflects how students are assessed in school. By making students more comfortable with the testing experience in a supportive environment, they will perform better and feel less pressured on exam day. Overall, I love giving positive reinforcement and words of encouragement to my students because I truly care about their learning and I really enjoy seeing them succeed.
- I am a pre-medical student who recently graduated from UCLA with a B.S. degree in Physiology.
- I was also on the Division I UCLA Beach Volleyball team where I won two NCAA National Championships and received All-American honors as one of the top players in the country.
- I have over 8 years of experience serving as a leader, mentor, and coach to children of all ages from all backgrounds.
- I was recently a volunteer tutor for LA COVID Volunteers where I tutored children of healthcare workers in a variety of subjects (English, math, science, etc.)
- Through dedication and excellent time-management skills, I managed to balance 40 hours of volleyball per week on top of a full course load packed with difficult science courses and succeeded in both school and sports.
- I’ve received awards and honors for being one of the top student-athletes in my class, such as Phi Beta Kappa Honor and the Athletic Director’s Excellence Award.
- I am an ambitious, passionate, and kind individual eager to offer my knowledge and experience to those seeking help. I want you to succeed in school and in life!
Rates are subject to increase if travel is required outside a 10 mile radius of my home location.
UCLA, Los Angeles, CA — Physiology B.S.
September 2016 - March 2020
- Graduated cum laude with a cumulative GPA of 3.78
- Relevant Coursework: General and Organic Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Calculus, Statistics, Physiology, Anatomy, Psychology, Sociology
MOST RECENT EXPERIENCES:
West Coast Beach Volleyball Club, Santa Monica, CA — Coach
May 2019 - June 2020
- Taught beach volleyball skills to young athletes and served as an excellent role model of positive attitude and effort for the youth
- Coached athletes at competitions, providing them with skill corrections, game-plan analysis, and strategies to beat their opponents
- Collaborated with the other coaches to design drills and create practice plans
Los Angeles COVID Volunteers — Childcare and Tutor Volunteer
April 2020 - June 2020
- Took care of children whose parents were working overtime in hospitals due to COVID-19
- Tutored children ages 7, 9, 12 in a variety of subjects such as math, English, and science
Select Physical Therapy, Los Angeles, CA — Clinic Volunteer
July 2018 - September 2018
- Shadowed multiple physical therapists and physicians within a high-volume, fast-paced orthopedic outpatient clinic and learned patient-centered treatment methods
- Cleaned equipment, performed clerical duties, and entered patient data into health database for head PT
- Politely and respectfully interacted with patients through encouragement during their rehabilitation exercises and helping them complete their medical history questionnaires
UCLA Career Center — Receptionist/Data Intern
June 2018 - September 2018
- Worked as a front desk receptionist at a busy office answering phones, scheduling clients, and greeting/directing incoming visitors
- Sorted incoming mail and e-mail correspondence and entered client data into spreadsheets
- Assisted in the data acquisition and update of a large-scale Career Center project for all UCLA students
LEADERSHIP AND CAMPUS INVOLVEMENT:
UCLA NCAA Division 1 Beach Volleyball Team, Los Angeles, CA — Team Captain
September 2016 - March 2020
- Performed practice and weight-lifting sessions up to 30 hours per week and attended video sessions and team meetings up to 10 hours per week while maintaining a full course load and above a 3.5 GPA
- Traveled all around the country from Hawaii to Florida to play in tournaments while being enrolled in a full course load and having to make up or submit in advance any missed class work
- Named Team Captain my senior year and was in charge of creating team bonding events, resolving conflicts between teammates, and leading/inspiring my teammates via my actions & words
Bruin Athletic Council — Community Outreach Coordinator
September 2018 - May 2020
- Elected by teammates and coaches to represent the beach volleyball team on UCLA’s athletic leadership council
- Collaborated with fellow council members and athletic administrators on how to solve problems or formulate legislation affecting student-athletes
- As Community Outreach Coordinator I was responsible for creating philanthropic events that allowed athletes from different teams to bond with one another and give back to the community
The John Wooden Academy Champions Program
September 2018 - May 2020
- Completed a 2 year program that facilitates the personal development of student-athletes through leadership workshops, professional experiences, diversity and inclusion classes, and community service projects
- Exceeded the program’s requirement of 60 hours of community service through various volunteer events such as Dribble For The Cure, Team Prime Time, Homeless shelter, toy drives, beach cleanups, and COVID-19 healthcare worker family assistance
- Computer: experienced in Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, Word; basic training in Python coding language; Typing Speed of 50 WPM
- Languages: English, Spanish, American Sign Language
AWARDS AND HONORS:
Phi Beta Kappa (May 2020)
7x UCLA Dean’s Honors List (2016-2020)
2x PAC-12 All-Academic First Team (2018, 2019)
UCLA Athletic Director’s Academic Excellence Award (2020)
Chico Female Student-Athlete of the Year (2016)
2x NCAA Division I National Champion (2018, 2019)
PAC-12 Champion (2018)
AVCA First Team All-American (2019)
First Team All-PAC-12 (2019)
biology lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest cell biology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, genetics lessons for all!
Taking anatomy lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$15||$15|
|5 hours||Not available||$65||$75|
|10 hours||Not available||$135||$150|