I am a graduate student at Butler University studying for a masters in English literature. I completed my undergraduate degree in England at the University of Cambridge. I am currently employed at the Writers' Studio at Butler University tutoring students on their papers giving me direct tutoring experience and confidence in my ability to make tutoring sessions both fun and worthwhile. I try to get the student to figure out the answers to their questions by themselves through prompting and discussion. I am personable and hopefully interesting and I like to make content as applicable to real-life situations and contemporary events as possible.
I've been tutoring at the Butler University Writers' Studio for six months teaching many students throughout my time there. Typically I will teach one student per hour and I have been working a minimum of six hours a week at the Studio. I have worked with some students on a regular basis building up an understanding of their needs. Typically these students have reported back to me that they are receiving A's and A-'s on their papers. It's a really rewarding process and getting positive feedback from my students shows me that I can offer a valuable service.
If I have to travel further then ten miles I would charge $40 rather than $35.
MA in English Literature 2015 - present
Butler University, Indianapolis, IN
BA in Geography 2012-2015
Magdalene College, the University of Cambridge, Cambridge, United Kingdom
Second class honors, upper division (2.1)
WRITING AND COMMUNICATIONS EXPERIENCE
Peer tutor, Butler University Writers Studio 2016 – present
● Guide students in their writing process focusing on collaborative learning
● Verbally encourage students to think about their work analytically
● Complete report cards for student’s professors detailing the guidance I provide for them
Proof-reader, The Crowood Press Summer 2014
● Re-viewed e-books to ensure the formatting and layout was consistent with the original text
● Communicated with the publisher to summarize the changes needed in a clear and concise manner
● Worked, without assistance, from home demonstrating independence and attention to detail
Contributor to student newspapers, The University of Cambridge 2012 - 2015
● Produced content for two student newspapers at the University of Cambridge
● Contributed to both online and printed content on university sports events
● Collaborated with editorial staff to create content for specific audiences
Comment article, Athletics Weekly February 2016
● Wrote an article for Athletics Weekly, a British track and field magazine, discussing my personal experiences in the NCAA
● Collaborated with staff at Butler University to gain approval for my article
● Corresponded with staff at Athletics Weekly in order to edit my article
academic english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest Academic tutoring to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, Resume / Cover letter writing prep for all!
Taking Dissertation and thesis writing preparation has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|