I like to teach the students by giving live examples which they encounter in their routine life. Science is an integrated part of life and if we understand the basic concepts of it, we really fall in love with the subject.
I have been teaching the UG and PG students of paramedical field, especially the subjects like genetics, biochemistry, molecular biology, biotechnology etc.
I have been actively involved in dissertation of our master degree student and have a couple of international publication with them.
Dr. Meghna Patel
Degree University Board % / Class Passing Year Subjects
Ph.D VNSG University -- 2013 Bioscience (Biochemistry)
M.Sc. [Biomedical Technology]
School of Sciences, Gujarat University,
Ahmadabad. 76 Dist. April 2000 Biochemistry, Instrumentation, Genetics,
Microbiology, Physiology, Cell Biology,
Radiology, Immunology, Hematology, T
D.M.L.T The Gujarat Cancer Research
Institute, Ahmadabad 62 First July 1998 Biochemistry, Bacteriology, Histology,
B.Sc. [Microbiology] Gujarat University,
Ahmadabad. 63 Second April 1997 Microbiology
Cleared Gujarat SLET examination in August 2017
Cleared CSIR NET Life science examination in December 2017 AIR-LS 39
1. In Finesse Pharmaceutical, Ahmadabad, I worked as Asst. QC Chemist where I worked in quality assurance & quality control dept. Duration 20.11.98 to 09.01.99.
2. As Lab Tech in Community Health Care Charitable Trust, Ahmadabad, I was involved in blood collection and its processing. Duration 10.01.99 to 17.10.99.
3. In Safal Fertility Center, Ahmadabad, I worked as a Lab Technician and Asst. Fertility Technologist where I was actively involved in Assisted Reproductive Technique like IUI and IVF. Duration 05.05.99 to 01.10.99.
4. In Ashaktashram Hospital, Surat I worked as junior lab technician, where I was involved in Blood collection and it’s processing like Biochemical testing, Hematological testing, Serological and Coagulation Study. Duration 16.10.00 to 31.12.00.
5. In Shree B.D. Mehta Mahavir Cardiac Hospital, Surat I worked as Lab Technician, where I did the routine Pathological works, Report generation and Data Maintenance. Duration 01.01.01 to 05.08.01.
6. In M. G. Shah Institute of Graduation of Medical Technology College, Amroli, Surat, I worked as a visiting Lecturer of Biochemistry.
7. In Metas of Seventh Day Adventist, Surat I worked as a Lecturer of B.M.L.T, GNM and B.P.T. I was taking Theory and Practical of Biochemistry, Immunology, Hematology, Histology and Blood Banking. Duration 1.06.02 to 30.06.06.
8. In S.G.M.E.T, Surat I worked as a Lecturer in P.G.D.M.L.T Dept. as per V.N.S.G.U norms (VNSGUni. letter no. S(1)/8596/2006 dated 18/8/2006) from 24.7.06 to 6.5.08. I was taking Biochemistry, Microbiology and Immunology Theory as well as practical.
9. In S.G.M.E.T, Surat I worked as a visiting Lecturer in B.P.T. from Sept 06 to June 2013.
10. In Span Diagnostics Ltd. I worked as consultant: Technical scripting from 15.3.08 to 27.11.09, wherein I was preparing the diagnostic kit insert, writing the articles and conducting the training session about the technical details of Span’s diagnostic products.
11. In Institute of Medical technology, Surat, I worked as a lecturer from 1.11.09 to 30.6.13.
12. In Shree P.M. Patel College of paramedical science and technology, Anand as a principal from July 2013 to February 2020 (Sardar Patel University Approval no. K/TA/8920, dated on 28/2/14).
Seminar/ Workshop attended:
1. Workshop on “Teaching methodology” held in metas of Seventh Day Adventist (SDA), Surat in 2005.
2. Research methodology held by Sri Ramkrishnan Institute, Surat in 2011.
3. Workshop on Clinical flowcytometry held in Gujarat Cancer Research Institute, Ahmedabad on 22/2/2014.
4. Seminar in CME on Clinical flowcytometry held in Gujarat Cancer Research Institute, Ahmedabad on 23/2/2014.
5. National symposium on exploring advances in biological sciences held in Sardar Patel University on 5/3/2016.
6. Inter-institutional one day workshop on planning - preparation – presentation of NAAC reports on 15th April 2016 organized by Anand people’s medicare society-IQAC unit.
7. 2nd National conference on current trends in biological sciences CTBS 2017 organized by centre for advanced study, post graduate department of Biosciences, SPU in association with Gujarat State biotechnology Mission, Gandhinagar in January 2017.
8. National level symposium on “research projects: proposal and grants” organized by Shree Ramkrishna Institute of computer education and applied science, Surat in collaboration with GUJCOST in September 2017.
9. Workshop on “Moodle learning and management system” held at Shree P.M Patel Institute of PG studies and Research in Applied science Anand on March 2019.
1. Poster presented in National conference on “Advanced Trends in applied Science and Technology”, Jan 2012 entitled as “Improved protocol for estimation of Non Transferrin Bound Iron”.
2. Poster presented in 2nd national level poster competition on Applied Sciences and Technology, Feb 2013 as “Non transferrin bound iron in diabetes mellitus”.
3. Poster presented in CME held in Gujarat Cancer Research Institute, Ahmedabad on 23/2/2014 as “Flow cytometry: An essential analytical tool with focus on differential diagnosis of hematological neoplasm” and got consolation prize.
4. Poster presented in National symposium on exploring advances in biological sciences held in Sardar Patel University on 5/3/2016 entitled as “Alteration in various parameters of liver function tests in liver diseases Vs other pathological conditions”.
5. Poster presented at National symposium on exploring advances in biological sciences held in Sardar Patel University on 5/3/2016 entitled as “Classification of thyroid disorders and its association with blood sugar derangement”.
6. Poster presented at UGC sponsored National level seminar held in Sardar Patel University in January 2017, entitled as “Study of vitamin B12 deficiency in diabetes patients treated with Metformin”.
Guided the students for their dissertation at Masters Level in Clinical Biochemistry, Blood banking and Pathology in Veer Narmad South Gujarat Uni., Surat as well as Sardar Patel Uni. Anand.
1. “Laboratory diagnosis of tuberculosis” published in Clinical Laboratory International, Dec2009/ Jan2010 volume 33, Issue 7.
2. “Laboratory Diagnosis of syphilis: Indirect detection methods” in Clinical Laboratory International, Feb/ March 2010 volume 35.
3. “Plague and its laboratory diagnosis” in Clinical Laboratory International, Dec 2011/ Jan 2012.
4. “Rapid diagnostic tests for malarial parasites” published in Clinical Laboratory International, April/May 2012.
5. M. Patel, D.V.S.S. Ramavataram. Non Transferrin Bound Iron: nature, manifestations and analytical approaches for estimation. Indian Journal of Clinical Biochemistry. 2012;27(4):322-32.
6. M. Patel, D.V.S.S. Ramavataram. A simple, rapid and improved colorimetric assay for Non transferrin bound iron estimation in thalassemia patients, International Journal of Pharmacy and Life Sciences. 2013;4(1):2294-305.
7. M Patel, D.V.S.S. Ramavataram. Study of non transferring bound iron in patients of myocardial infarction, Journal of global biosciences.2015;4(3):1694-1703.
8. M Patel, N Patel, N Singh. Study of PCOS and AMH in infertile female, ejpmr, 2016;3(5):247-58.
9. N Patel and M Patel. A comparative study of serum AMH, FSH and LH in PCOS and Non PCOS infertile female, ejbps, 2017;4(9):355-58.
10. A. Mansuri and M Patel. Causes and incidences of blood donor deferral in Khambhat, Gujarat: A retrospective study, WJPR, 2018;7(2):728-34.
11. R Patel, M Patel. Study of lipid profile in obese patients, International journal in applied science and Engineering Technology, June 2019;7(6):2434-37.
12. H Prajapati, M Patel. Comparative evaluation of diagnostic markers in Myocardial Infarction, PIJR, 2020;9(2).
1. The Precarious Non Transferrin Bound Iron: How, When and Why? Published in June 2019, ISBN No. 978-81-932909-1-0.
2. Quick review of Genetics for CSIR-NET life Science, ISBN no. 978-93-89791-42-6.
1. Delivered an invited talk entitled “blood glucose homeostasis and diabetes mellitus” in one-day guest lecture series in department of microbiology at Shree Ramakrishna institute of computer education and applied science, Surat on 25th August 2015
2. Delivered a lecture as a resource person in a 2-day workshop on “Understanding complexity of life from molecules to system” organized as zonal center training program in association with Makeintern and Spring fest (IIT-Kharagpur event) and Shree P M institute of PG studies and research in Science, September, 2017.
3. Attended 2nd principals meet held on 30/07/2017 in HRDC Sardar Patel University.
4. Appointed as a chair person in preclinical board in Sardar Patel university during 1/7/2015 to 30/6/2018.
5. Appointed as a convener in syllabus revision committee for PG courses of paramedical field in Sardar Patel University
6. Organized one-day workshop on “Use of mathematics in biological sciences” in Sardar Patel University.
7. Judged various activities in distinct colleges of APMS campus.
8. Being a member of Board of studies, participated of various curricular and co-curricular activities of paramedical courses.
9. Delivered an invited talk in Charusat university, Changa in January2020 on Pedigree analysis.
1. Being the part of various NSS camps and blood donation camps organized by Shree P. M. Patel college of Paramedical Science and Technology, Anand.
2. Organized blood donation camp at Shree P.M. Patel Paramedical college, Anand in association with Indian Red Cross Society and HDFC bank on 12/12/2018.
3. Organization of Thalassemia screening camp in association with The Indian Red Cross Society in August 2019.
Meghna maam is a versatile teacher and has deep knowledge about topics she taught. Studying under her is a great pleasure because every basic about the subject she teaches get cleared and helps in field work. She is very polite with students. She is helpful in any manner. A great teacher and personality.
Meghna ma'am gave a whole new perspective outside the simple textbook writings. She is very knowledgeable in her subject and helped me understand the concept from basic.
She gave practical knowledge along with theoretical knowledge with lots of helpful examples and facts. She even gave me many helpful tips and tricks.
She helped me clear even a minute of the doubts regarding any topic about and around the subject, even fact-checked about any new concept and got back to me and helped me understand it in a simple manner; not only does she explain in a simple way but also explains the reasonings which made it easier for me to understand and grasp the concepts easily.
She helped me strengthen my concepts by ensuring that I remember and can explain, the concepts learnt in the previous class, in my way of understanding, correctly. She points out mistakes and helped me rectify them with reasoning and also re-explained the concept if needed.
I now feel confident in Biology, thanks to Meghna ma'am's whole-hearted guidance and kind support.
She is very hard working and she is really good in genetics. She keeps updating herself with recent researches and informations. She is very polite and studentfriendly.. I loved learning genetics by her....
Hello , I am Nisha Bapodra I've been student of Meghna mam for 5 years. She is an outstanding teacher with immense knowledge. Her manner of teaching is so wonderful and innovative!! She is patient and supportive, but really knows how to motivate her students. She is great at building confidence and keeping lessons fun and engaging with incredible subject knowledge .I idolize how dedicated she is and recommending her is no brainer.
Dr. Meghna Patel is excellent speaker, having in depth knowledge of subject. I have seen many examples of her telant and have long been impressed by her work ethics and diligence. She has consistently demonstrated an ability to rise any challenge that she must face.
Meghan maam is an excellent professional teacher in all respects; she is encouraging but appropriately challenging. She is extremely well prepared, reliable, and knowledgeable, her standard of Science is superb and she has mastery in clinical laboratory technology. Her gentle and encouraging teaching manner has enabled me to find learning metabolism much less daunting, and her sense of fun and humour has made the learning process easy. Through her help, I can achieve first class with distinction in my master's degree.
I have found her to be a teacher of the highest standards and could not have wished more from a teacher. I am considering her as my ideal, she always motivates her students for achieving their goals. I highly recommend her to add value to your life.
Meghna has indepth understanding of the subject and she has great explanatory power. She is very enthusiastic and always keen to remain upgraded with her knowledge.
cell biology lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest genetics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, microbiology lessons for all!
Taking molecular biology lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$20|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$100|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$200|