I earned my BS in chemistry from the University of Texas at Austin and my AS in geology from Central Texas College. I also spent six years in the United States Army as a UH-60 helicopter repairer and worked as a civilian contractor on helicopters for an additional nine years before returning to school. I am very knowledgeable in chemistry and geology and can also provide a great deal of help with learning effective report writing. I am especially proficient in organic, inorganic, and analytical chemistry. I can help with tough homework problems as well as getting ready for exams. If you are having a hard time understanding important concepts, I can help you.
While earning my BS in chemistry at UT, I worked as an undergraduate researcher in an inorganic lab where we synthesized and characterized new lanthanide compounds. I was a mentor in the lab for freshmen students where I instructed them on safe lab practices and proper techniques for synthesis. I also worked as an X-ray crystallographer for the lab.
UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS AT AUSTIN | DECEMBER 2016
• Bachelor of Science in Chemistry
• GPA 3.46
CENTRAL TEXAS COLLEGE | DECEMBER 2013
• Associate of Science in Geology
• GPA 3.8
AVIATION LOGISTICS SCHOOL | FEBRUARY 1999
• UH-60 Repairer Course
• Honor Graduate
Skills & Abilities
• Experience with UV-Vis spectroscopy, fluorimetry, distillation, extraction, and recrystallization techniques, IR spectroscopy, GC-MS, GC-FID, HPLC, X-ray diffraction, and NMR
• Experience with MestReNova, Mercury, and Olex2 software
• Senior design project analyzing lead concentrations in water samples from the Lampasas River using graphite furnace atomic absorption sepctrometry
• Presented research under Dr. Lauren DePue in Functional Materials lab to judges both in academia and industry at 2016 Undergraduate Research Forum
• Participated in weekly meetings with other team leads and crew leads to discuss status of each team and necessary adjustments to maintain time and budget constraints
• Mentored freshmen students in the Functional Materials lab
• Leadership experience as a team lead in aviation maintenance with eight members on the team
• Leadership experience coordinating structural repairs for entire UH-60 section including seven aircraft
Jason is extremely knowledgeable and very good a thoroughly explaining concepts and ideas. He really cares that his students understand the material. He is extremely patient and always willing to help!
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, chemistry lessons for all!
Taking organic chemistry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|