The first step in my teaching approach is always building a rapport with the student to create a safe learning environment in which they are comfortable making mistakes. Once that's established, I have found students to enjoy the process of learning a language much more. From that point forward, I find ways of giving students opportunities to connect with the language at a deeper level than just memorization. This means taking the time to go through examples until the student understands the feeling behind the grammatical concept. A couple of these examples include: aiding the student to draw parallels with a known equivalent in their own language, or a discussion of direct vs proper translations if the concept is more abstract. Additionally, I use techniques from my didactics and interpretation classes to help students create associations with vocabulary, etc. I have found this to be successful in helping them to begin to think in the destination language, rather than taking the extra step to translate before elocution. I also encourage students to practice using the accent of the language when speaking to the best of their ability.
I am a graduate of the University of Texas at Austin who majored in Spanish with a specialization in translation and interpretation, and a minor in french. I completed a year long intensive exchange program for my upper division credits at a private university in Madrid, Spain. I've been tutoring for over 2 years now and have been studying foreign language for more than 10 years. Language is a great passion of mine, and I love to share it with my students. Together we can breakdown language barriers and bring the world closer together.
48 hours cancellation notice necessary
Freelance Spanish and French Tutor and Translator, May 2016 – Present
Check out business page for reviews at (concealed information)
• Pinpoint students’ learning needs and adapt accordingly
• Utilize creativity to create an understanding of abstract concepts
• Bridge the gap between cultures
• Create awareness in order to obtain clients
• Perform research to understand complexities of the subject matter
• Ascertain the greater meaning of text to portray that in the destination language
Real Estate Marketing Assistant, Dochen Realtors of Austin, Texas, Feb. 2018 – Aug. 2018
• Took on a jack-of-all-trades role, taking on a diverse array of responsibilities across various disciplines and departments.
• Updated and maintained written social media content and company archives
• Gathered and aggregated market data for use in promotional materials
• Photographed and assisted in staging homes for marketing purposes
Digital Marketing Executive, Digital Pharmacist, Jun. 2017 – Feb. 2018
• Managed Facebook ad campaigns for 40+ pharmacies to drive website engagement and mobile app downloads
• Built personalized websites with SEO optimization for new accounts
• Created custom graphics and buttons for individual customers
• Helped grow 150+ pharmacy’s brands through active account management
• Delivered and communicated digital product onboarding
Content Writer and Translation Intern, Be Madrid Exchange Students Community, Madrid, Spain, Sep. 2015 – Apr. 2016
• Created, edited and translated original written content for a weekly newsletter with a circulation of over 1700. Content primarily focused on promotional information for upcoming events and trips, as well as helpful information about Madrid
• Reviewed, edited, and translated detailed brochures regarding the services Be Madrid offers
• Coordinated and led trips, using interpretation skills to interface with both English and Spanish speaking participants
• Collaborated with a close-knit team of people of varying nationalities, navigating both cultural and language barriers, eventually advancing to a supervisory position
Front of House, Snap Kitchen, Aug. 2014 – May 2015
• Provided high-level customer service in person and by phone in high-volume, fast-paced downtown location
• Organized three-day meal plans, ensuring that all dishes corresponded with the customers’ requirements and restrictions
• Ran point-of-sale, tendering cash, executing credit card transactions, and balancing the cash register after every shift
• Upheld merchandising standards by maintaining an organized and visually appealing storefront
The University of Texas at Austin, May 2017
B.A., Spanish • Minor in French • Certificate in European Studies
Universidad Pontificia de Comillas (Madrid, Spain), Aug. 2015 – May 2016
Study abroad exchange program in Translation & Interpretation over the course of the 2015-2016 academic school year
COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT / VOLUNTEER WORK
Event Coordinator—Pride Shabbat (90+ people in attendance), Texas Hillel, Feb. 2015
• Scheduled activities, ensuring each facet of the event took place in proper succession
• Designed marketing content including physical flyers posted around the university community and social media content
• Organized activities with a keynote speaker as well as a trivia activity with door prizes
• Planned menu, decorations, invitations, and delegated tasks to smaller teams
Volunteer—Chair for Sales, Challah for Hunger, Aug. 2013 – Dec. 2013
spanish lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - spanish lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, vocabulary - spanish lessons for all!
Taking oral comprehension - spanish lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$50||$45|
|5 hours||Not available||$225||$225|
|10 hours||Not available||$400||$450|