Each student is unique.
When I first meet a student, I listen to their needs and goals, at the same time as I assess their skills, and then I suggest a plan.
I customize all of my materials based on their skill level, interests and goals. For example, if a student wants to reduce their accent, I analyze their problems and use a variety of activities to teach the sound and then use it in a variety of ways.
I try a variety of techniques and approaches to see what works best for the individual student.
Because I have a Master's in TESOL, I have the knowledge of theory and best practice so you will save time and money, and improve quickly!
I am a professional business and academic ESL instructor at Pace University and Executive Language Training. This is my full time career. I have an MBA in Finance from NYU, a BA in Spanish and Politics from the University of Pennsylvania and a Master’s in TESOL. Prior to transitioning into teaching, I worked at Citibank, New York Life Insurance Co and Deloitte consulting in finance, strategy, and internal consulting for 15 years.
I have been teaching academic and business English to students at all levels of proficiency in college for 8 years. I teach speaking, accent reduction, writing, grammar, and test preparation (TOEIC and TOEFL).
I can use your materials or develop my own customized to what you need and want to accomplish.
I am patient, give constructive feedback, and a great listener. By working with me I promise that you will communicate more accurately, clearly, and concisely in English and I will build your confidence.
Innovative, dynamic writing and speaking ESL instructor with an MA in TESOL. Extensive experience developing English group and 1:1 reading, writing, listening, and speaking courses for students of all ages. Skilled at needs assessment, developing contextualized materials, and course evaluation. Fluent in Spanish and studying Portuguese.
• Over 11 years of experience teaching academic and business multi-skill ESL courses
• Driven to engage and motivate students to improve their English language skills
• Passion for teaching and enabling students to achieve their goals
ENGLISH LANGUAGE TRAINER 2019- Present
Executive Language Training, Lake Bluff, IL
• Teach one-to-one ESL, reading and writing both in person and on-line to corporate expatriates
BUSINESS AND ACADEMIC WRITING AND SPEAKING INSTRUCTOR 2012- Present
Pace University, New York, NY
• Design and lead innovative reading, writing and speaking courses that teach college students and working professionals academic and business writing, communication skills, and accent reduction
• Skilled at performing initial and continuous needs assessment
• Solicit and provide constructive, detailed feedback on an ongoing basis
• Classes and materials customized to meet students’ needs, skill levels, and goals
SPEECH CONSULTANT 2013 - 2014
Baruch College (CUNY), New York, NY
• Work 1-to-1 with college and graduate students and working professionals to improve their pronunciation, speaking, and writing, prepare them for job interviews, and give presentations
ESL INSTRUCTOR 2011 - 2013
Rennert International, New York, NY
• Conceptualized lessons and customized, contextualized intensive ESL programs and all
content for one-to-one classes
ESL, Language Arts, and Job Preparation Instructor 2009 – 2011
Catholic Charities/Catholic Guild for the Blind, New York, NY
• Created course programs, lessons, and materials for ESL and GED and college preparation reading and writing courses for visually impaired students
• Created and delivered extensive job search program including how to perform research, write resumes and cover letters, interview, and foster good working relationships
EDUCATION AND ACTIVITIES
MA - TESOL, Hunter College of the City University of New York, New York, NY
MBA - Finance, New York University, New York, NY
BA - International Relations and Spanish, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
Volunteer at Citymeals on Wheels, New York Cares, and the NYPL Tax Preparation Program
ESL lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, listening comprehension - english lessons for all!
Taking writing expression - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|