Yoga should be available to everyone. Rich and poor. Flexible and tight. Young and old. Beginner and advanced. Playful and serious. Wholehearted Yoga is about much more than physical poses and touching your toes. It is about breath, meditation and showing up in the world with kindness, honesty, compassion, generosity and gratitude. Wholehearted Yoga provides a fun, gentle, and calming environment accessible and available to everyone.
I fell in love with yoga over 20 years ago when expecting my second child. I came to yoga for the calm. I didn't realize it would make my body feel so much better and help me experience childbirth and motherhood with greater ease. I am passionate about sharing her learnings with new moms in prenatal yoga classes.
I also offer other styles of yoga! In slow flow yoga classes, we move gently through poses giving you time to feel them in your body. Yin yoga slows the pace even further. Yin is surprisingly effective at increasing your flexibility with its simple, long-held poses.
My favorite teachers offer a playful, accessible approach. They drop in pearls of wisdom and stories. I aspire to be like them
Travel applies for destinations further than 2 miles from Sequoia Hospital.
Certifications & Training
- Registered yoga teacher with Yoga Alliance 200 hour & prenatal.
- Certified for Hatha Yoga at College of San Mateo.
- Certified for Yin Yoga with Bernie Clark Yin Yoga.
- Certified for prenatal and postnatal yoga with Jane Austin Yoga.
- Trained in Restorative Yoga with Ranya Anabtawi Empathic Yoga.
- Certified in CPR/AED & Wilderness First Aid
- Literacy tutor for elementary school students
- Sea kayaking guide for under-resourced youth and people with disabilities
- Certified California Naturalist, docent and hike leader
- Consultant to non-profit organizations
- 20+ years experience in program management & strategic planning in the high technology field
yoga lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest hatha lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, flow yoga lessons for all!
Taking yin yoga lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|