I enjoy teaching and I strive to create a friendly interactive and respectful atmosphere, and I train my students in logical and critical thinking in order to reach the knowledge, and understand the sciences, rather than memorizing stuff for a test.
So I start from where my student is, and discuss the subject, asking questions to dig deep into my student’s brain to connect the dots. My goal is to actually answer student questions. I use analogies, stories, drawings, Apps, 3D software, videos, etc. whatever it takes to help my student learn and enjoy learning the subject.
I am an Egyptian MD, among other things, and I came to USA with my family in 2005. I’ve been teaching anatomy, physiology, medical terminology and EKG at West Coast Ultrasound institute, Ontario and Los Angeles, CA, since April 2011. My last title was the lead instructor of medical sciences and regional director of ECG Education at WCUI.
My experience in education has always been rewarding and enriching. even as early as 1974, when I started teaching music and piano, then Arabic and English (ASL and ESL), then music technology and music arranging. Now it’s my passion to teach medical sciences to students of diverse cultures, backgrounds and levels of education!
My motive is to make my students fall in love with medical sciences, to appreciate our amazing human body, to sympathize with patients with all types of health issues, and to be able to offer the best healthcare service they can provide. I love to contribute to their career and successful future and I always do my best to achieve that. Please look me up here: (concealed information)
- I am really excited to get to know you and be part of my student’s career and future, as I’ve been doing for the last 10 years, and I will go above and beyond to ensure good understanding of the subject as well as enjoying it, as long as my student is willing to think and try.
- I respect you and I value good clear communication, so please contact me ahead to clarify any aspect of our business arrangement.
- Rates might vary according to student level and educational needs.
- To schedule an urgent tutoring session before a test or so, even if you need late hours, please contact me.
- If you have an emergency, you may contact me to reschedule (hopefully not cancel) a session.
- In any case, please call me AND text me well ahead of time to respect my schedule as well.
- Late cancellation within less than one hour of session beginning will still be paid in full and a refund will NOT be honored.
- Prepaid multiple sessions will NOT be subject to canceling, but can be rescheduled within the same week. So a refund will not be honored.
- Emergency session or late hour sessions can NOT be canceled and a refund will NOT be honored.
- I have no problem offering extended tutoring time depending on your need, if my schedule would allow it. Please contact me.
- Group tutoring can be exciting and enriching when everyone comes with questions and an eagerness to learn. I love interactive sessions.
- The host will need to offer a suitable quiet place without noise or distraction, and I can use a projector, big TV screen, or a whiteboard and markers if available.
- If not, I can arrange to bring my own tools for an additional fee
- In case of a group tutoring, please contact me to discuss pricing and logistics.
In any case please don’t hesitate to contact me. Try me, you won’t regret it.
* Doctor of Medicine, MB BCh, Cairo, Egypt
* Nationally Certified Electrographic Technician CCT, by CCI
* Nationally Certified Rhythm Analysis Technician CRAT, by CCI
* Advanced Cardiac Life Support provider, ACLS provider
* Nationally Certified Postsecondary Instructor CPI, by NCCT
* Nationally Certified Electrocardiography Instructor CEI, by ACA
* Board Approved by California Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians to teach Anatomy, Physiology, Nutrition, Psychology, Normal growth and Development
LAST JOB TITLE:
• WCUI Regional Director of EKG Education, Los Angeles, Ontario, Phoenix
• Lead Instructor of medical sciences to Imaging & Nursing students, WCUI, Los Angeles, CA
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE:
* Lead Medical Instructor for Ultrasound and Nursing students at WCUI, Los Angeles, CA (2011 – 2020):
- Teaching Anatomy, Physiology, Pathology, Medical Terminology, Math, and Nursing Pharmacology.
- Produced 2017, 2019, and 2020 revisions of the A&P and medical terminology curriculum.
- Online class management and distance education, using Canvas platform, managing classes between 10 and 46 students, using live Zoom lecture and interaction; PowerPoint presentations, discussions, breakout rooms, recorded videos, 3D software, Proctorio, online live testing and grading.
- Prepared and recorded 5 video anatomy lectures with audio and video editing, integrating software, PowerPoint presentations, live drawings, and 3D animations.
* WCUI Regional Director of EKG Education (2018 – 2020):
- Teaching basic and advanced EKG subjects to the level of CCI registry
- Prepared and recorded more than 22 hours of video lectures of a detailed EKG course with audio and video editing, integrating latest software, PowerPoint presentations, live drawings, and 3D animations.
* EKG Technician at the Cardio Vascular Thoracic Institute, Keck Hospital of University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA (2014 – 2016).
* Worked as a medical doctor and orthopedic surgeon in Egypt (1986-1992)
• Equally competent teaching one student, small groups, or large lecture rooms, in formal lecture format, discussion groups, or one-on-one tutoring.
• Curriculum development of different anatomy, physiology, medical terminology and EKG courses.
• Prepares and records video lectures with audio and video editing, integrating latest software, PowerPoint presentations, live drawings, and 3D animations.
• Online/in-person class management and distance education, competent in using Zoom meetings and Canvas platform, managing a classes between 10 and 46 students, using live lecture and interaction; demonstrates appropriate use of written reference materials as well as audiovisual, 3D animation software, virtual dissection platforms, PowerPoint, and other instructional aids.
• Prepares and plans adequately for effective classroom instruction, ensuring that the lesson plan and presentation strategies are well prepared, the learing environment is optimal and the instructural materials are in proper working order, whether the class is online or in-person.
• Follows standardized curriculum, focusing on the unit objectives, and cmmunicates appropriately with the program director and director of education regarding any curriculum or lesson plan.
• Content mastery and currency, based on medical training and experience, scientific mindset, continued education, updating and refining.
• Demonstrates appropriate presentation/speaking skills including the introduction of a wide variety of instructional strategies encouraging active student participation and developing their critical thinking skills.
• Utilizes diverse questioning stragegies to assess student learning and depth of understanding
• Professional: Scientific, dedicated, caring, well prepared, and respected.
• Rated as A+ on (concealed information) by more than 150 students over the years.
Qualities I have as a professor:
* Expertise in specialty content.
* Passion for helping student success.
* Dynamic presentation skills.
* Ability to communicate knowledge efficiently and effectively to students.
* Ability to assess student's level of understanding.
* Ability to adjust a presentation to meet the needs of students.
* Ability to engage and motivate students.
* Experience writing medical education content, learning objectives and board-style assessment questions.
In addition, being a 40 year+ worship musician, I used to teach music theory, piano playing, music technology and digital music studios.
To whom it may concern,
I work in the medical field since 2003 as Senior Tech/ Adult Cardiac Congenital Sonographer at USC– Keck Hospital/ USC-CVTI, Cardiothoracic surgery Institute, Los Angeles, and it’s my pleasure to recommend my friend, Dr. Raafat Baheeg.
I’ve known Dr. Baheeg closely for 5 years, and I found him to be a talented medical instructor as well as a diligent medical researcher. Not only is he strong academically, being a medical doctor and orthopedic surgeon back home, but he also loves teaching and learning. His dedication to his students led him recently to create a special externship program for himself to attend at our hospital as a Cardio Vascular Tech (CVT) at the Noninvasive Cardio Vascular Diagnostic Institute, to observe and then to train his students in the clinical aspects and disciplines of cardiovascular imaging, electrocardiography, stress testing, and to impart into them our high standard of patient care.
Dr. Baheeg is also experienced in a variety of other fields, as a music composer, piano player, and a translator. So I highly recommend Dr. Raafat Baheeg for your school and I believe he will be a valuable asset to your faculty staff.
RDCS, RCCS, BS
Senior Tech/ Adult Cardiac Congenital Sonographer
USC – Keck Hospital/ USC- CVTI
Cardiothoracic surgery Institute
Los Angeles, CA
Phone: (562) 201-2645
Re: Dr. Raafat Baheeg
I have Dr. Baheeg for over 14 years as an educator. I had the privilege and honor to mentor him when he started his career in the college where I served as a director of Education, then as a campus director. I witnessed him developing in a very short period of time into a great student mentor, talented educator and a great asset to the college. Dr. Baheeg taught medical technology courses in both associate and bachelor levels, in lecture and technical skill laboratory formats. Over the years, Dr. Baheeg provided an excellent quality education, that was highly appreciated by his students and colleagues. He is a team player and an asset to any educational environment, not to forget being a talented musician.
I highly recommend Dr. Raafat Baheeg for any position in the field of higher education to properly benefit from his multi-talented skills and the wealth of information he can give to his students. If you have any questions regarding Dr. Baheeg, please do not hesitate to contact me
Emad Mishriki, MD, MA Ed, CPI, CAP, NCET, NCPT
Pinnacle Consulting – Founder – Consultant
He's a great conductor..very punctuate..cares for all details & explains in such a smooth & clear way..
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|