Everyone learns better when they have a choice, deciding what they want to learn. I design my lessons based on a combination of what you want to learn and what I notice you need help with. For example, if you want to write with correct grammar and clarity, we’ll find something you’re interested in to write about.
I’ve taught high-school English and college composition in the American midwest for eight years. I’m also a writer with expertise in essays and song writing. I can help you with your grammar, spelling and pronunciation. I have two master’s degrees, one in English literature, another in English education.
• English/Social Studies Teacher, Mirta Ramirez Computer Science Charter School, Chicago, IL, August 2005 to January 2008
• English Teacher and Humanities Chair, Antonia Pantoja High School (Aspira Charter/Alternative School), Chicago, Illinois, August 1999 to June 2002
• English Teacher, Fasman Yeshiva High School, Skokie, IL, 1998-1999
• Lecturer, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL, 1998-1999
• Freelance editor for National Safety Council
• Editor of Tenants Writes, Lakeview Tenants Organization
• Editor of Inside Lincoln Park
• Graded student writing in various educational settings.
• “A Tool Library Is A Seed: How Collaborative Communities Can Reduce Global Warming” to be published in Climate Steps, September 2020.
• Wrote newsletter, email blasts and all website copy for the Williams Bay Business Association
• Freelance writer for Chicago Education Improvement Examiner
• Freelance website reviewer for Encyclopædia Brittanica
• Freelance writer for The Center for Neighborhood Technology
• Freelance writer for the National Safety Council
• Associate Editor at Ragan Communications
• Wrote charter for Aspira Mirta Ramirez Charter School
• Wrote press releases, letters, and fliers for Korean American Community Services
• Master of Arts in Education, University of St. Thomas, 1999
• Master of Arts in English Literature, University of Illinois at Chicago
• Bachelor of Arts, University of Illinois at Chicago
I'm a retired middle school Language Arts teacher who earned a bachelor's degree in Education and a master's degree in Public Administration. Although we have never met face-to-face, Mark Stewart and I have been Facebook friends for ten years. He may be the best-informed of my Facebook friends, and his commitments to mutual respect, compassion, and fairness are readily apparent in the content of his posts, all accompanied by his thoughtfully-composed and articulately-expressed explanatory texts. My conclusions about Mark Stewart are that he is an energetic and intelligent person who has an evolved view of and a caring approach toward his fellow humans.
Louis F. "Buddy" Hale
I've known Mark for several years, and he is a person of integrity, honesty, and character. And he has a great sense of humor! He is a patient and kind human being, and I highly recommend him for anyone needing language tutoring!!!
Marks responses are well thought out, timely, and accurate. His skills and abilities match his enthusiasm and desire to help others. I offer this unsolicited recordation unequivocally.
I got to know Mark through friends online.
He is a Superprof in his ability to understand literature, refer to it accurately, and use it well in all manner of contexts. I feel I am in a good position to evaluate this as I have an Honours degree in literature myself.
I would recommend him because he is also remarkable for his caring, kindness and consistency. He pays attention, listens to others and responds to them in a manner I have not seen in anyone else I know. He is really special.
Mark and I have been corresponding daily on social media for nearly half a dozen years.
His writing style is consistently concise, direct, and to the point.
Those are the qualities that a teacher must have to teach language and writing skills to others.
Mark is articulate, well-informed and helpful. Always concerned about others and non-judgemental in his approach to life's adventures, if I needed his services for my children, I would not hesitate to engage him.
I had the opportunity to have Mark as a teacher and I can honestly say he is great. He is passionate about what he does and makes sure you get help when needed. A professional with a great attitude and personality.
creative writing lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest essay writing lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, english literature lessons for all!
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$17|