I have an interdisciplinary approach to creativity and teaching. My goal is to create a positive and dynamic space for students to share their ideas and personal stories, as well as reinforce their individual strengths and interests. I hope to help students not only improve their writing skills, but discover all the ways writing can serve a greater purpose.
During our academic writing sessions together, you will learn to:
* Develop flexible strategies for reading, drafting, reviewing, collaborating, revising, rewriting, rereading, and editing.
* Engage in the collaborative and social aspects of writing processes.
* Understand and use a variety of technologies to address a range of audiences.
* Respond to a variety of audiences that call for shifts in rhetorical strategies, voice, tone, level of formality, design, medium, and/or structure.
* Locate and evaluate research materials for credibility, accuracy, timeliness, and bias, including journal articles and essays, books, the library’s databases or archives, and Internet sources.
* Compose texts that integrate ideas with appropriate sources using strategies such as interpretation, synthesis, response, and critique.
* Practice systematic application of citation conventions.
I'm a writer with an MFA in Creative Writing and a B.A. in English. As a teaching artist, I’m passionate about helping students reach their full potential by sharing my knowledge, creativity, and enthusiasm for reading and writing.
I assist with reading comprehension, academic and creative writing, as well as help improve challenges with grammar, punctuation, and expressing complex ideas.
Virginia and I met over four years ago at City College. I got the pleasure of working side by side with her. She leads by example. She teaches from a place of compassion, wisdom and humility. She does this while being head strong and sure of her core values. I highly recommend Virginia. She is very dependable yet creative. If anyone has the opportunity of working with, being guided by or taught by Virginia that person would be better for it.
literature lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest creative writing lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, essay writing lessons for all!
Taking literacy lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|