My approach is I teach to learn, It is imperative I know about my students to find out the best way to teach them. It is imperative, as an instructor, I never stop learning. That is how I become better at my job.
I am a teacher with 15 years of experience in teaching computer applications, social sciences, pre-algebra math and English. In addition, I am an indie writer who has self published my works, promoting them with social media skills. Also, I speak, read, and write basic Spanish and German.
Hello. Thank you for allowing me to apply with your organization. My name is Bryan Follins. I work as a guest teacher in North Las Vegas, Nevada. I have been a teacher for the last 15 years. I am a writer for life. I take great pride in being a creative writer. Science fiction, fantasy, noir and mystery are my favorite genres. All scripts for podcasts, posts for social media sites, books, and comic strips are my own. This following information is on my life, not a job.
Entertainment article one:
The Jokeress indie move one, The Beginning, produced and created by myself.
Entertainment article Two:
The Jokeress indie move two, Capital Injection, produced and created by myself.
The Jokeress Anthology:
Books, including ebook picture books:
Comic strip: (concealed information)
Experimental Graphic Novel Two: (concealed information)
Backstory podcast links on characters Calista Bouvay, Louise Vann, and Swann Lee
All podcasts heard on the same links.
Bouvay link: bit.ly/JoCalista1
Vann link: bit.ly/JoVann1
Lee LinK: bit.ly/JoSwann1
The Audio play on The JokeressThe Jokeress audio series presents episode seven:
"Louise and Calista discuss Swann and the Crypt."
Podcast link: bit.ly/AudioSeries7 All seven podcasts heard at the same link on Anchor.
Photo copyright 2020 Bryan Follins
Adaptation of The Jokeress indie ebook series by Bryan Follins
Available also on the Anchor app.
Facebook pages: The Shadowvectors, The Jokeress Lives Here, The Jokeress: Emergence (Group)
Twitter: #TheJisWild Instagram: #thejokeressliveshere
If would like a script writer, you may view the scripts to my projects. If you need sample photo enhancements, I can provide them also. I would be honored to provide anything you would like to know about my writing background. Please feel free to contact me.
Bryan (concealed information)
Desired position: Instructor
Responsible for tutoring young adult students in basic English and basic fiction April 2020-Present
Substitute Teacher-Las Vegas Charter Schools-Kelly Services November 2013-Present
Rainbow Dreams Academy 08/26/2013-November 2013
Edating.com-Berlin, Germany 06/14/2013-07/22/2013
Responsibilities include proofing English copy for native German speakers meeting English speakers for personal and business purposes. Telecommuting position.
Broadband Opportunities (BTOP) Program/Urban League 05/17/2010-01/10/2013
Computer Applications Instructor I
Maintain a Public Computer Center lab for the BTOP Program and the Urban League.
The Lab consists of Dell desktop computers with the Windows 7 Operating System.
Teach curriculum consisting of Microsoft Office Suite products 2007 to students.
Teach curriculum consisting of introduction to the Internet, introduction to keyboarding, and beginning software and hardware concepts to students.
Assist in the deployment of hardware and software components to PCC labs in the Las Vegas area.
Desert Rose Adult School 2/ 2005-12/2010
Instructor—Computer Applications I & II
Prepare lesson plans, lectures, exams for adult students.
ClientLogic—Las Vegas, NV 2004-2005
• Provide technical support for customers on DirectTV campaign
Albuquerque School District Albuquerque, NM 2003-2004
Substitute Instructor-English, History, Computer technology
Sun HealthCare-Albuquerque, NM
Contract Technical Writer
• Work with programmers and project lead in development of
application conversion document intended to help facilitate
upgrade of Sun Healthcare files from Cyborg to Lawson application.
• Assist lead technical writer in development of administrator guide
for assisting company end users in conversion process.
San Leandro Unified School District 2001-2002
Substitute Instructor-Freshman Math and English—San Leandro High
VISA International 2000
• Provide revisions of MS Backoffice Product Documents
• Interview and collaborate with subject matter experts i.e. engineers, project lead
• Insure proper documentation of design, installation and updating white papers for System Management Server (SMS) 2.0 Windows 2000 installation
Hewlett-Packard, Mountain View, CA 2000
• U.S. Caden System Task, Job Aid and Help documentation
• Prepare archived documents for migration from SAP 3xx to 4xx
• Edit Visio 2000 flowcharts
CAT Technology Los Gatos, CA
• Collaborate with senior technical writer, engineers and Internet Operation Center Personnel to edit and produce procedures manuals with screen captures
• Convert flowcharts to procedural documents
McKessonHBOC Atlanta, GA 2000
LAN/WAN Engineer (Tier 1)
Maintain networking connectivity for 20 hospital networks nationwide from Mckesson HBOC’s Network Operation Center (NOC)
• Isolate and solve connectivity problems with leased lines, Cisco, Nortel, routers, switches, hubs, ups, firewalls using OSI Model.
• Network. Application Layers.
• Troubleshoot issues by comprehending diagrams of IP segments and subnets
• Create trouble tickets and escalate critical situations to network administrators and engineers
• Train new employees on HP Openview, Vantive, and Microsoft Access applications.
IBM-Atlanta, G 2000
Help Desk Dispatcher-DSS-2 (Tier 2
Motorola- Atlanta GA 1999-2000 Technical Support Specialist
Tier One Internet Help Desk Support
• Provided Internet Service Provider (ISP) customer service assistance to Excel end-user clients.
• Dial-up network configuration.
• TCP/IP; SMTP; DNS/WINS; DHCP.
• Proxy server configuration
• E-mail administration
• Web browser configuration
• Provide and maintain LAN/WAN connectivity.
BellSouth, Atlanta 1999
Entry Level Internet Help Desk Support
ASI Technologies 1998
Excel Technologies 1998
Graphic Retrieval Project
• Documentation of crew pilots scheduling deliverables (users guides)
• Archive and transfer source documentation and reformat graphics for insertion (OLE) into source documents
• Create new documents to illustrate changes to user guides
• Interview senior operations analysts and subject matter experts to confirm documentation
Operating Systems: Windows XP/2007 SuSe Linux 10.2/Knoppix 5.01
Software: Microsoft Word 2007 SQL 2008
Adobe Framemaker 5.0 Microsoft Backoffice products
Adobe Photoshop 5.0 Microsoft Excel 2007/10
Visio 2000 Microsoft Powerpoint 2007/10
OpenOffice 2.0 Microsoft Publisher 2007/10
Software Security Tools Used: Hex Workshop Hex Editor, Wireshark, ProDiscover, FTK Access Data, Black Widow, KFF Library
Education: 1987 Baton Rouge School of Computers Baton Rouge, LA
1981 Louisiana State University Baton Rouge, LA
B.A., Broadcast Journalism
2003-2004 New Mexico Tech Socorro, NM
Graduate Student: Master’s of Science, Applied Computer Science—24 hours completed
Nevada substitute license
Passed TB test
* Honorably discharged, U.S. Air Force, June 1986. Final discharge rank: Captain
Position: Missile Launch Officer, Whiteman Air Force Base.
basic computer lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest python lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, microsoft word lessons for all!
Taking microsoft excel lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$25|