The Socratic Method is great: asking you questions to get you thinking rather than just lecturing. Lecture is also good when it includes stories and history and examples of writing (not so boring). The best way to learn to write is to read and practice your own writing.
I have Master's Degrees in Theology and Librarianship. I have taught on religion, ancient history, research, and animal welfare. I want you to succeed in writing. I have five published books on history and animals. I have written several novels but none are published yet.
If I must travel to the student(s) there will be some charge to cover time and gas.
1989- B.A.- Geneva College, PA., Bible major
1992- M.Div.- Reformed Presbyterian Theological Seminary, PA.
1995- M.L.S.- Univ. of Pittsburgh, School of Library and Information Science
Animals in the Military published in 2012 by ABC-CLIO Publishing.
War Elephants published in 2005 by Praeger Publishing.
Animals are the Issue published in 2004 by Haworth Press.
People Promoting and People Opposing Animal Rights, published in 2002 by Greenwood Press.
Animal Rights: A Subject Guide, Bibliography, and Internet Companion published in 2000 by Greenwood Press.
Books Written (unpublished, agented):
• God's Animals – non-fiction, history of animal welfare & rights in the Bible
• Daniel's Tomb – fiction, spiritual warfare adventure/romance
• Spectrals – fiction, science fiction adventure, general audience
• Elephant Lord – fiction, historical about Hannibal's black elephant rider and the Punic Wars against Rome.
• The Fog of War – fiction, military thriller naval and nuclear, Russia, Cuba, USA.
• 2019 – Intertestamental History, class at Indian Bible College in Flagstaff, AZ
• 2018 – Old Testament Bible, teaching night class at Yavapai College in Prescott, AZ
• 2016 – 2017- Radio Show, animal welfare questions, 12 episodes, Pittsburgh PA WORD FM
2016 – Guest Speaker, on animal welfare, Geneva College, Beaver Falls, PA and The Au Sable Institute, MI.
2010 – Television interview, The Discovery Channel, on Hannibal's elephants, 10 minute segment on “Mega Movers”
• 2003 – Design assistant, helped Dr. Richard Lair (elephant expert) for the Oliver Stone movie “Alexander” to design armor for the elephants in the battle of Hydaspes scene, on location in Thailand
Perfect! His English is good and understands how to teach kids in a very realistic and practical approach. Based on my daughters English grasping ability, he changes the way he teaches her or conveys the lessons
Vega is very smart and wants to learn.
I know John as a Bible teacher and preacher and his knowledge of animals are exceptional. I highly recommend him as a tutor and teacher.
John has the qualities of a good teacher
1)Research and preparation- he is thoroughly prepared by presenting a broad view of his topic. He is likely to touch on points that others would over look. His love of learning is inspiring.2)Presentation- his approach is interesting and engaging. His skill as a writer comes across in his ability to tell a story and capture interest.
I would be very interested in taking a course from John.
I know John personally and professionally. I am the Salvation Army Chairperson in our town and John has preached alongside my husband who is a Chaplain and my Major who is a Pastor for our town's revival. John has proven in my experiences listening to him both preach Christ, as well as to advocate and educate regarding animal health and behaviors to be very skillful in his presentations. Often, he will employ his understanding of both Christianity and animals masterfully combined... totally engaging his congregation in his very comprehensive sermon.
academic english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest creative writing lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, essay writing lessons for all!
Taking college / university preparation lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|