Hi! I'm Laura and I can't wait to teach you. :) The material from previous years is still very much fresh in my mind, and tutoring with me will feel more like asking a friend for help than a teacher high above your level educating you on those topics. Continuing off the last point, I wish to form personal connections with my students. Direct tutoring is new to me, but I have been helping others for as long as we can remember, whether it be academically or emotionally. I enjoy connecting with people on a level further than academically. Having attended several classes where I have dreaded the next due date, the next assignment, and the next class, I strive to create an environment in which stress is minimized for my students. This is not to say there won't be boundaries. As with any educational environment, my main goal at the end of the day is still to educate. Each week I plan to develop a lesson plan complete with instruction, activities, practice and possibly homework (flexible). I look forward to teaching you!
Hi! I'm Laura, a teenager (student) who would greatly enjoy teaching you. I am currently taking Algebra 2 Trig, which is why I would be willing to tutor up to Geometry level, as well as some English topics. I've been giving indirect lessons for as long as I can remember, whether it be helping my younger sister in math or being assigned to tutor a student at school. This is the start of my journey in "official" tutoring, but over the years I have received praise from teachers and students alike for my teaching methods. My younger sister, who despises math usually, has grown to like it due to the weekly lessons we hold in her room. My parents and teachers praise me on my ability to teach and by tutoring other students I hope to further this. Some background about me, I swim competitively, play tennis leisurely and love reading, writing and math! I hope to pursue a career in software engineering.
- Free cancellation up to any point
- First two lessons will be free (first lesson will mainly be initial introductions, and second lesson will be to grasp learning/teaching methods)
- All lessons will be virtual for the time being due to health concerns
- Participates in several academic competitions regularly (Science Olympiad, etc)
- Near perfect standardized testing scores (600/600 reading and 565/600 Algebra 1 are my most recent scores, I wasn't able to take any standardized tests last year or this year due to the global pandemic)
- Fluent in English, Turkish, learning French and German
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, arithmetic lessons for all!
Taking geometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$5|