Learning happens when students are engaged. Therefore, teaching should be engaging. This can be difficult in large classrooms. I prefer to tutor one-on-one, so I can be sure the student is understanding the current material before moving on. Sometimes question can be difficult to put into words. We will find a starting point.
Chemistry is a difficult subject. Lots of students start the class with apprehension, especially Intro or General Chemistry. I have helped dozens of students get the results they wanted by being available and answering their questions. I have a Master's in Chemistry and have worked in the field for more than 20 years.
I charge $40 for high school students and $50 for college students. But let's talk about the price. I spend at least an hour every week preparing for you.
Sessions are 1 hour long every week all online.
Cancelation must happen at least 15 minutes prior to the session. Earlier is better. Perhaps we can reschedule.
Master of Science, Chemistry
Indiana University, Bloomington, IN
Bachelor of Science, Major in Chemistry
Indiana State University, Terre Haute, IN
● Chemistry Corner September 2020 - Present
CHEMISTRY LABORATORY COORDINATOR / CHEMICAL HYGIENE OFFICER
Waubonsee Community College, Sugar Grove, IL January 2007 – December 2020
● Prepare lab rooms for experiments, including preparing and standardizing solutions, setting out chemicals and supplies for student use.
● Supervise and train lab assistants in experiment setups, preparation and standardization of solutions.
● Communicate with faculty, full time and adjunct, concerning safety and issues with experiments.
● Continually improve experiment write-ups, per faculty suggestions and safety concerns, so that students are safer and more successful.
● Assist faculty and students during lab experiments, including using instruments.
● Maintain instruments (see below), including routine maintenance and arranging annual preventative maintenance by manufacturing representative, and perform repairs as needed.
● Develop instrumental methods for student use during experiments.
Chemical Hygiene duties:
● Created and continually updated and improved Chemical Hygiene Plan for the Chemistry department.
● Continually update chemical and supply inventory.
● Remove extremely toxic or carcinogenic chemicals from laboratory classes.
● Developed safety rules for student signature, explaining best practices.
● Enforce safety rules, monitor students and instructors.
● Conduct annual training sessions with each faculty and adjunct faculty concerning updates to the Chemical Hygiene Plan.
● Bruker Daltronics (Varian) 3900 and 430 Gas Chromatography using Glaxie software, equipped with manual injector and TCD detector
● Agilent Technologies (Varian) Liquid Chromatography using Glaxie Software, equipped with two Prostar pumps and UV single channel detector
● Bruker Optics Tensor 27 Fourier Transformed Infrared Spectrophotometer using OPUS software
● Perkin Elmer Lambda 35 Ultra-Violet / Visible Spectrometer using UV Winlab software
● Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Access, and Power Point
● Logger Pro Vernier data collection software
CHEMISTRY ADJUNCT INSTRUCTOR
Waubonsee Community College, Sugar Grove IL August 2010 – December 2011
● Introduction to Chemistry CHM101 Online
Benedictine University, Lisle, IL August 2005 – December 2006
● Introduction to General Chemistry Laboratory CHEM 102
● Introduction to Organic and Biochemistry CHEM 103
● Introduction to Organic and Biochemistry Laboratory CHEM 104
● General Chemistry I Laboratory CHEM 114
● General Chemistry II Laboratory CHEM 124
Lewis University, Romeoville, IL October 2005 – December 2006
● Introduction to Organic and Biochemistry – 8 week Adult Accelerated course
QUALITY CONTROL MANAGER
Flavorchem, Downers Grove, IL November 2000 – June 2005
● Supervised daily activities of QC technicians, including routine testing of products and incoming raw materials, using organoleptic and instrumental testing.
● Communicated with customers and suppliers regarding quality concerns.
● Wrote Standard Operating Procedures for the work done in the QC department.
● Collaborated with research staff to improve products.
● Worked with production staff to identify the root cause of problems occurring during manufacturing.
● Assisted Quality Assurance Manager on safety audits of manufacturing plant.
● Microsoft Word and Excel.
● Lotus Notes communication and databases.
● Agilent / HP 6890 Gas Chromatograph using Chemstation software.
● Water 2695 Liquid Chromatograph, with PDA and RI detectors, using Empower Software.
● Minolta 3500d Spectrophotometer for color matching.
● Mettler-Toledo Specific Gravity/Refractive Index combination.
Bench Chemistry Analysis:
● Vanillin Content in Vanilla Extracts using UV/Vis Spectrophotometer.
● Titratable Acids in beverages.
● Aldehyde Content in Citrus Oils using titration.
Indiana University Northwest, Gary, IN 1982 – 1985
● Instructed labs for Chemistry classes, including Introduction to Chemistry, General Chemistry, and Organic Chemistry
● Modified lab worksheets, making them more understandable for the students.
algebra lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest chemistry lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, organic chemistry lessons for all!
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$40|