I am a professional communicator and listener, and my style is about building a solid, trusting relationship. I like my students to feel brave enough to tell when they need me to slow-down, explain again, or restart entirely. The student's learning must come first. I know I play a major role in creating that space for students.
Rather than try to re-invent the wheel, I meet students where they are and guide them from there. Combining their existing curriculum with some additional skill-building, students will own their improvements.
I am English skills and Commuications tutor with years of higher-education experience looking to assist younger ages with the skills needed in a college setting. As a university instructor with both a BA and MA in the field, I know exactly where to sharpen students and can provide a real insight into what to expect in the later years of high school and college.
As a university instructor, I hope you will see the value of working alongside a tutor who knows the real skills needed to excel in a college setting.
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee - Online Course Instructor
Introduction to Conflict Resolution and Peace Studies
Milwaukee, Wisconsin • 09/2020 - Current
• Shifted between formal and informal methods of teaching to keep students interested, including debates, practical activities and experiments.
• Modified lessons and curriculum to accommodate diverse learners by using strategies such as peer-assisted learning and group work.
• Fostered student curiosity and interest through creative hands-on activities, including workshops and guest speakers
• Lead groups discussions and projects with students
• Develop and deliver course content with various online tools
• Connect students to resources and opportunities on campus
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee - Alumni Engagement Assistant Milwaukee, Wisconsin • 09/2020 - Current
• Interview alumni about interests and opportunities
• Connect current students to alumni with shared interests
• Produce emails, newsletters, and social media content for alumni
• Assist administrators in partnerships, media, and communications roles with their alumni engagement projects
❘ PREVIOUS EXPERINCES
A Backyard Farm - Installation and Engagement Team
Minneapolis, Minnesota • 06/2020 - 09/2020
• Prepared and installed various urban garden plots on a supervised team
• Engaged young adults and children at school and home garden sites and coordinated their help with the project
• Planted, cared for, and harvested fresh produce for homes and schools
• Taught the basics of gardening and planting to young adults and children
academic english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, essay writing lessons for all!
Taking Resume / Cover letter writing prep has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$14|