We start with YOU: What do you need/want to do in English? What are your strengths/weaknesses? How much time can you commit? Then we set your goals, a time frame, and start working!
I am an experienced English/ESL instructor in business and higher education. I work with all levels and teach all skills. My students say I am the nicest and the toughest teacher they've ever had! Be ready to work and learn!
Extra charge of $.50/mile if I travel to the lesson. Proofreading/editing are also $20/hour, which is cheaper than paying by the page.
Excellence in Written Communication in Higher Education and Business
• Chosen and trained as the exclusive English-language business writing consultant and instructor for Sweden Post.
• Tutored international executives and engineers in all forms of writing in banking, manufacturing, and IT.
• Selected to tutor all students in the Writing Lab at a community college Learning Center.
• Authored college-level workbooks to accompany textbooks on advanced reading skills.
• Proof-reader and editor of numerous M.S. theses and published Ph.D. dissertations.
• Designed and delivered courses, materials, and syllabi, often on a tight schedule, at numerous US colleges/universities in Academic Writing and Research, Developmental English, and Composition credit courses.
• Designed and delivered college credit course and Pronunciation and Vocabulary.
• Reviewer and assessor of Advanced Academic Writing courses, both quality of instruction and students’ written and presentation performance.
• Co-taught with top professors and executives in Executive Education programs and international university partnerships.
Innovative and Effective Project Design & Management
• Designed, delivered, and directed a series of 40+ workshops – academic, instruction, marketing, recording, reporting - to faculty and students, saving over $1M in state funding for the college.
• Co-directed and launched an annual international professional development conference.
• Created and executed an intensive alternative to the compulsory English course, saving the university money, space, and time, while expanding top students’ academic choices.
• Created and managed a globally unique project/university course with the US Embassy in Sweden.
Clear & Caring Management & Leadership
• Steered departments through growth transitions with smooth, user-friendly processes and procedures.
• Managed over 30 faculty/staff in six departments, 150 international students, daily operations for a proprietary language school, taking it from 1 to 5 national centers.
• Supervised the hiring, training, evaluating, scheduling, and payroll of all staff.
University of Colorado Denver, ESL Academy, Denver CO Aug 2016 – May 2018 Academic Manager, ESL Specialist
New America College, Denver CO Aug 2015 – Aug 2016 Assistant Dean/International Student Advisor/Business English Instructor
ThunderRidge High School, Highlands Ranch CO Aug 2014 – Aug 2105 ESL Department Head
Language Consultants International, Denver CO Aug 2010 – Jan 2014 Academic Director/Center Director
Cañada Community College, Redwood City CA Jan 2003 - July 2010 Associate Professor/ Program Developer/Project Manager
Adjunct Faculty/Associate Professor at numerous colleges and universities, including: Community College of Denver, Denver CO Aug 2010 - Aug 2011 University of California Berkeley, Berkeley CA June 2004 - Dec 2005 Australian Catholic University, Melbourne, Australia Jan - Aug 1997
Stockholm School of Economics, Stockholm, Sweden Aug 1988 – Dec 1995 Associate Professor/ Professional Communications Consultant
Sumitomo Metal Industries, Osaka/Tokyo, Japan Aug 1984 – Dec 1987 Business and Technical Communication and Document Consultant
Master of Arts in Teaching
School for International Training, Brattleboro VT
Bachelor of Science
Syracuse University, Syracuse NY, College for Human Development
Fluent in Swedish, formerly fluent in Spanish
Microsoft Office Suite, Excel, Salesforce, PowerSchool, D2L, Engrade, Sharepoint, Canvas
academic english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, essay writing lessons for all!
Taking Resume / Cover letter writing prep has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|