I teach theory, and techniques, and breathing exercises. I like to use beginner books often as well. I use a large variety of music and history to help the student understand the music genres. I am looking forward to working with you.
I have over 20 years' experience in teaching music. I also have been involved in music all my life. My ages range from early childhood to adult learners. Each person is unique in their musical journey, and I take that seriously. I am not pushy, but patient and understanding.
The following is my educational and work history. I have included some experiences with children and adults, and music and theater as well.
• ESL/TEFL Certified 120 hour master certificate 2019
Poteau High School; Poteau Oklahoma-1992
Carl Albert State College; Poteau Oklahoma-1992,1994
• Began College Career
Poteau Beauty College; Poteau, Oklahoma-1994, 2010
• Hair and nails and makeup training
Nazarene Bible College; Colorado Springs, Colorado
Bachelor of Arts in Music; May 2004
• Presented a vocal recital
• Presented a piano recital
• Traveled with a musical in the four state area, had a lead solo 1998-2004
• First generation college graduate in entire and extended family
Bachelor of Arts in Christian Education; May 2007
• Student Chaplain for Campus
• Licensed Minister
Nazarene Theological Seminary; Kansas City Missouri; 2004-2005
• One year of training and ministry involvement including missions
Trevecca Nazarene University; Nashville, Tennessee
Master of Arts: Organizational Leadership; May 2012
• Among class of first online MOL program
Grand Canyon University, Phoenix, Arizona
• Doctorate of Education in Organizational Leadership with an emphasis in Church Ministry (ABD) 2018
Language: Spanish 2 years of receiving private tutoring from a professional tutor and native speaker, this is still on going.
Kibois Headstart; Poteau, Oklahoma
• Intern -1992
Trinity Christian School; Colorado Springs, Colorado; 1999-2003
• Children’s Worship Leader
• Angel Music -Began and lead after school vocal and dance group
Angels Nest; Colorado Springs, Colorado; 2003-2004
• Lead Teacher
• Nursery Teacher
The Light House, Kansas City, Missouri; 2004-2005
• House Parent for Teen Pregnancy
• Assisted with The Kaldeiscope Childrens Choir – First Church of the Nazarene
Grace Cottage; Poteau, Oklahoma; 2005
• House Parent for Teen Pregnancy
Kibois Community Action Rehabilitation Specialist; 2005-2006
• Certified Medicine Distributor
• CPR and First Aid Certified
• Mobility Assistance
Substitute Teacher, Poteau Public Schools; Poteau, Oklahoma; 2006-2008
• Assistance for teacher when out.
Intern Pastor Poteau Church of the Nazarene; 2006-2014
• Led youth ages 12-18
• Organized fundraising and mission’s trips to Nashville Tn, Branson Mo, Oklahoma City, local area.
• Women’s ministry; taught bible studies
• Children’s Ministry; taught all ages
• Designed logo and reconstructed children’s sanctuary
• Taught purity series and organized purity ring ceremony
Carl Albert State College; Poteau, Oklahoma; 2009-2010
• Lead Teacher for Pre-School
Carl Albert State College: Poteau Oklahoma; 2010-Current
• Learning Resource Center Assistant
• Gained Learning Resource Center Director Position
• Organize Tutoring
• Proctor Exams
• Organized Writing Center
• Expanded tutoring to professional
• Hire work-studies
• Continual improvement
Carl Albert State College; Poteau, Oklahoma; 2015-Current
• ADA Coordinator
• Committee Chair for ADA
• Assist Students with disabilities
• Setup accommodations for all needs for the campus
• Wrote policy for animal assistance therapy for campus and housing needs
• Organized and Sponsor CASC Dancers
• Teach different genres of dance and introduce the dance world as well organize fundraising for dancers
• Worked with different cultures in many facets.
AWARDS AND HONORS:
• Award for Excellence in Service Phi Theta Kappa Alpha Delta Lamda Chapter; 2014
• Horse Show in Halter
• Various Music and Talent shows
• ALICE – Active Shooter Training
• Various service awards in Ministry
• Carl Albert State College Recognition for Service
ARTS AND MINISTRY INVOLVEMENT:
• National Anthem Singer for various events
• Musicals and Plays with lead roles
• Singer for events
• Cut Album- “Moving Forward”
• Played and sang in Band for 10 years
• Praise and Worship lead singer for 10 years
• Pastor, speaker, singer, held almost every office in the Nazarene Church
• Published Poet- National Poets Society
• Published article author- magazines, newspapers
• Directed several productions
• Missions to Mexico
• Arranged and Hosted several singing groups, such as Seventh day slumber, and Hillbilly Vegas, etc..
singing lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest music reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, vocal coach lessons for all!
Taking music early learning activities - for children lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$30||$30|