My teaching approach is to initially assess the student's existing level and then to plan the desired level. I always make known to the students that "math is by doing" after learning the concepts. In addition to the class notes/handouts, the use of practice material is very helpful. I make sure that the students understand that although the graphic calculator is a great tool in quickly calculating math problems it is no substitute for knowing to solve without it.
I have been teaching at the Bronx Community College for 14 years as adjunct lecturer math. In addition, I have also taught math in high schools in New York and Wisconsin. The last 4 years I have tutored math to students preparing for SAT/ACT/GED/TSI/COMPASS
9413 Castle Pines Dr, Austin, TX 78717
Telephone: (concealed information)
• Academic Resource Center (Math Labs Coordinator) from 3/18/2002 ending on 5/20/2016
Bronx Community College of the City University of New York (Full-time position)
• Adjunct Lecturer Math at Bronx Community College of the City University of New York from 8/1/2005 to 5/23/2015 (taught evenings from 6 PM to 8 or 9 PM)
• Math Tutor (Part-time) with Varsity Tutors, Club Z Tutoring, and Wyzant from 3/2016 to 2/2020
• Short-term educational assignments with Kelly Services 3/7/17 to 7/2017; K-Force for 2018; Randstad North America for 2019
• Committed and results driven Math Adjunct Lecturer and Tutoring Labs Coordinator with over fourteen years of relevant college experience in diverse and demanding environments.
• Worked closely with students, faculty members, technology experts to tutor Math students struggling with Math and prepared students for ACT/SAT/GED/GRE.
• Articulate, combined technical and educational background to solve students’ learning problems utilizing technology, managerial skills, community relations, and mentoring concepts.
• Procured and utilized supplies and appropriate learning software, like ALEKS, Plato, MySkillsTutor, etc. for optimum benefits for students’ learning. Ensured all available goods and services were utilized in an efficient manner.
• Hiring, supervision, and training of Math tutors; Management of the Math Tutorial Labs.
Prior Educational Experience:
• Class Teacher at Al-Noor High School, Brooklyn, NY (1999-2000) on one-year contract
• Class Teacher at Reuther Central High School, Kenosha, WI (2000-2001) on one-year contract.
• Cambridge University (England) School Certificate in 1963
• BS in Electrical Engineering from Pakistan University of Engineering & Technology, Lahore, Pakistan (duly accepted in USA as a regionally accredited Bachelor’s degree) from 1964 to 1968.
• Graduate courses in Math Education from the New York Institute of Technology (NYIT), New York from 1999 to 2000.
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking geometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$20||$25|
|5 hours||Not available||$20||$125|
|10 hours||Not available||$15||$250|