My teaching method is "whole brain learning" and fun repetition through various methods like games, activities, videos, and writing.
I give lessons to those needing assistance in mathematics and life sciences up to 12th grade. My methods are typically to assess the student first and discuss goals followed by collaborative practice where I model, observe, prompt, encourage, and track progress.
I have a bachelor's degree in biochemistry and am Texas certified to teach 7th - 12th grade public science classes. I have aided adults in achieving their GEDs as well as young students in science classes full-time for 15 weeks.
Rawlinson Middle School 7th Grade Science Mar 2018 – May 2018
• Differentiated instruction with engaging and fun activities to reinforce hands-on learning and lively student participation
• Assisted lead teacher in marking assignments and recording results
• Observed and gauged students in personalized learning, encouraging students to meet high standards
• Provided additional assistance to students with special needs in accordance to IEPs
Clark High School 9th-12th Grade Chemistry Jan 2018 – Mar 2018
• Implemented student-guided learning on a one-on-one basis to help students grasp chemistry concepts
• Demonstrated chemical phenomena as instructional strategy to inspire awe and curiosity
• Assisted and supervised students in research-based practices to perform complex laboratory experiments safely
EDUCATION and CERTIFICATION
Texas Standard Educator Certificate (Science 7-12) May 2018
Virginia Polytechnic Institute, BS in Biochemistry May 2005
Ella Austin Community Center Youth Facilitator Sep 2012 – Jul 2014
• Provided a safe, nurturing, and educational environment for children after school
• Shared a collaborative environment with other staff in planning activities
• Provided daily communication with parents
OTHER WORK EXPERIENCE
Clinical Pathology Labs Laboratory Data Entry Specialist Jun 2016 – Present
Quest Diagnostics Nichols Inst. Medical Lab Scientist Mar 2006 - Mar 2009
• Conducted chemical analysis of body fluids, quantitatively and qualitatively, for chemical content and to determine presence of normal or abnormal components
• Maintained and troubleshot laboratory equipment in sterile conditions
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, chemistry lessons for all!
Taking natural sciences lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||$18||$18||Not available|