Languages cannot be taught like all the other subjects because languages are not learnt like other subjects . We learn languages differently, therefore they must be taught differently.
As an ESL teacher, I have extensive training in Second Language Education techniques and approaches. I not only have an in-depth knowledge of how the English language works, I also know how other languages work, how is a second language learnt and of course how to most effectively teach languages.
I base all of my English teaching off proven language learning principles while incorporating teaching methods derived from proven language acquisition theories.
With all my students, I assess their language proficiently and figure out what exactly are their individual needs. I then design my classroom lessons to focus on each student’s functional English level in terms of their listening, speaking, reading and writing abilities.
In my teaching I use a communitive approach and task-based learning activities to help my students acquire English with accuracy and fluency.
Some other features of my teaching include:
• Creative use of Technology in the Classroom
• Task-Based Learning Activities
• Fluency and Accuracy Activities
• Lesson Planning
• Assessing Students’ Individual Needs
• Curriculum Development
• Group and Personal Tutoring
• Speaking & Listening Teaching Strategies
• Reading & Writing Teaching Strategies
• Personal Learning Plans (PLP)
My role does not end when classes does, I am also passionate about cultivating extracurricular activities at school or in the community which provide English language learners to more opportunities to interacting with the language and culture.
Hello! My name is Corey, and I am teacher who is wildly passionate about building a genuine relationship with English language learners who come from every corner of the world and serving their educational and linguistic needs. My focus area is Teaching English as a Second/foreign language. I mostly enjoy working with middle and high school English language learners.
As an English Language teacher, I do not merely teach grammar and speaking but I also teach students how to use the English language pragmatically and meaningfully with cultural accuracy and native like fluency.
To do this I not only know the cultural nuances associated with English, but I also understand my students’ cultural and linguistic background to insure they feel valued in a safe learning environment.
(concealed information) ∙ (concealed information)
Chinese Speaking English Second Language Teacher
• Listening & Speaking Teaching Strategies
• Creative use of Technology in the Classroom
• Curriculum Development and Lesson Planning
• Conversational in Mandarin Chinese
• Knowledge of Second Language Acquisition Theories & Principals
• Passionate About Teaching & Student Education
• Effective Accuracy & Fluency Teaching Methods
• Patience, Flexibility and Professionalism
• Differentiation Teaching Approach
• In-depth Explicit Knowledge of English and its Grammatical Rules
• Trained in Cultural Intelligence (CQ)
Bachelor of Arts in Teaching English as Second/ Foreign Language & Minor in Chinese
• Liberty University, Lynchburg, VA
• Member of The National Society of Collegiate Scholars
• TESL 40 hour Certified- TESL 40-hour Certificate from the Bridge Education Group
University English Teacher, North China Institute of Aerospace Engineering, Langfang China May- June 2019
• Taught 90-minute college English classes consisting of 50 English language students.
• Created lesson plans, teaching techniques & topical based presentations
• Designed English fluency and accuracy development strategies based on SLA principals
• Led English Corners, provided 1 on 1 personal tutoring & English conversation practice
Kindergarten Teacher, Hope Kindergarten, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam May 2018-August 2018
• Designed entire summer English curriculum, which included 6 different subjects
• Planned and taught weekly lessons in ESL, Geography, Mathematics, Arts, Science, Physical Education
• Managed 2 classes of 16 (ages 2-3) and 17 (ages 4-5) students; taught 14 classes per week/ 2-4 classes per day
• Emphasized interactive learning, ESL games, student focused learning, team building and critical thinking skills
• Created worksheets and implemented them inside the classroom
• Motivated students by a variety of classroom strategies and instructional methods
• Assessed students’ performance/progress while concurrently adjusting teaching strategies to meet their needs
High School ESL Teacher’s Assistant, Liberty Academy, Lynchburg, VA Jan 2018-May 2018
• Assisted ESL teacher of 2 classes with a total of 24-30 ESL students
• Provided students in class assistance with class assignments, group projects and other ESL learning tasks
• Heavily incorporated technology in the classroom
• Tutored students individually and in groups in lesson assignments/homework to reinforce learning concepts
• Administered tests and graded assignments
• Planned lessons, designed formative assessments, taught classes
ESL lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest vocabulary - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral expression - english lessons for all!
Taking writing comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$21||$17|
|5 hours||Not available||$41||$85|
|10 hours||Not available||$65||$170|