My teaching method is to find a way in to the subject that is interesting to each student I teach. I use a variety of teaching techniques until I find the one that works the best with each individual student.
I have a BA in English and my Master's in Reading education. I taught special education for seven years. I am experienced in working with students who have ADD and ADHD as well as autism and OCD. My strengths are in writing especially research and term papers.
Innovative teacher-coach with proven ability to develop new and effective ways to explain learning material and improve student and staff learning. Skilled in developing solutions to classroom challenges.
• Strong collaborator and motivator
• Experience with instructional design and creative learning strategies
• Critical thinking and interpersonal skills • Student-centered learning
• Group learning mechanics
• Solution oriented professional
• Managing classroom for diverse populations
Literacy Coach, SkillsUSA Advisor 08/2004 to Current
Steel Center for Career and Technical Education – Jefferson Hills, PA
• Successfully improved student participation in the classroom through planning and implementation of creative instructional techniques
• Taught students to utilize problem solving methodology
• Fostered meaningful relationships among students through student field-trip retreats and team-work community service
• Taught entire classes, small groups and one-on-one, depending on the need of the students
• Presented at regional, state and national conferences
Teacher Counselor for Students with Severe Special Needs 01/1998 to 08/2002
Positive Education Program – Cleveland, OH
• Created strategies and activities to instruct students with disabilities, including Autism, ODD and OCD in the classroom, on job sites and in the community.
• Supervised Special Education teacher candidates (3) and classroom aides (4).
Certification: Co-Operative Education 2018
Indiana University of Pennsylvania - Indiana, PA
Master of Arts: Reading Education 2006
California University of Pennsylvania - California, PA
Certification: Special Education 2002
Cleveland State University - Cleveland, OH
Certification: Reading Education 2000
The Ohio State University - Columbus, OH
Bachelor of Arts: English, Education and Theater 1993
Westminster College - New Wilmington, PA
Educator of Distinction Award, 2017, Steel Center for Career and Technical Education
Union President, 2016-Current, Steel Center for Career and Technical Education
Member of ASCD (Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development)
Member of International Reading Association and NCTE (National Council for Teachers of English)
academic help for reading lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest special needs - adhd lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, special needs - handicap lessons for all!
Taking special needs - add lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$24||$24|
|5 hours||Not available||$105||$120|
|10 hours||Not available||$200||$240|