My teaching method can vary, depending on what the students' needs and styles are. In the past, I have taught students through old school lectures, where I illustrate problems to be solved on the board and follow along the solutions with the students. However, I have also carried out a hybrid of teaching styles where I provide lecture, as well as bringing in useful graphic softwares that could aid me in illustrating my points and difficult concepts. Each students have different teaching methods they might prefer, which can be tailored to their needs in the case of one on one classes.
Provided both group and one on one private classes at private high school abroad. Expertise in the field of math and sciences, and assisted students who struggled in class, as well as those who were advanced, but wanted to take their knowledge to the next level. Experience in preparing students for IGCSE/IB and other major high school exams. Last but not the least, I also teach students who want to prepare themselves for TOEFL exam (personally achieved a score of 105 in TOEFL iBT)
Middle school level: $9.50
High school level: $11.00
In preparation of exams (middle school and high school): $11.50
Degrees and achievements:
- Bachelor of Science, Chemical Engineering at UC Davis (Expected Graduation on June 2021)
- Achieved IB Diploma in 2017 (7 in Higher Level Chemistry and Higher Level Math)
- Achieved IGCSE certificate in 2015 (A for Chemistry, Physics, Biology, and Math)
- Achieved Silver award in UKMT(United Kingdom Mathematics Trust) for Intermediate and Junior Mathematical Challenge
Experience related to taught subjects:
Student tutor (Boarding Tuition project),
International School of Penang, Batu Ferringhi, Penang, Malaysia September 2016 - May 2017
- Provided academic assistance to lower and mid-upper secondary students through arranging tuition classes for Natural Sciences, Mathematics, Humanities, English literature and the Arts.
- Assigned to be in charge of Natural Sciences and Mathematics tutor
- Tailored my teaching methods (used primarily lectures and assisting through educational videos) to instruct my students accordingly to their needs.
- Strengthened my sense of responsibility and patience through undertaking this project.
Student counseling (Boarding Community Volunteering)
International School of Penang, Batu Ferringhi, Penang, Malaysia September 2015 - June 2016
- Provided one on one advising for upper secondary students in the boarding community who faced mental health problems due to bullying, struggle in academics, relationship issues, obesity, etc.
- Assisted in improving self esteem and solving clients’ mental health issues through conducting first general meeting, followed by weekly feedback and interactions with clients.
- Gained a great deal of perseverance and patience by accompanying clients through their journey.
Coffee design project,
University of California Davis, Davis, California, United States Jan 2019 - March 2019 ( 10 week project)
- Investigated various factors that affect the taste of coffee, along with understanding processes of coffee making. (Roast level, grind size, extraction time, fluidity, etc)
- Conducted numerous experiments to design and achieve the ideal conditions for tasteful coffee (pH, TDS level, fragrance, etc) by applying our knowledge of chemical engineering.
- Achieved first place for ‘Minimum energy consumption’ and received third place for ‘Best tasting coffee’.
- Calculus (covered vector and scalar calculus, partial derivatives and total differentials)
- General Chemistry (primary focus on chemical dynamics, equilibria, and acids & bases)
- Organic Chemistry (covered reactions of alkanes, alkenes and alkynes, synthesis of organic compounds, and Substitution and Elimination reactions and its mechanisms)
- Design of Coffee (assimilated the engineering concepts and analytical design behind coffee production which includes thermodynamics, fluid dynamics, concepts of batch and Continuous stirred tank reactors)
- IGCSE/IB level Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, chemistry lessons for all!
Taking thermodynamics lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|